iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter
May 3, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #17 of 328
Wish this would have come out a few months ago.  Would have liked to try it out before splurging on the HD-Plex PSU to solve my NUC noise issues.

May 4, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #18 of 328
Intel NUC could accept anywhere between 12V and 19V while 12V, 36W power supply was bundled (i.e. 12V 3A)

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-de3815tykhe.html
http://kodi.wiki/view/Intel_NUC

However, 12V version iPower could only provide up to 12V 1.1A while 13.2W (12 * 1.1) should be a far cry from 36W. Atom processor alone should consume 5W and then i3/i5/i7 would go up to 15W. That would be too much power for iPower to handle and we might end up damaging Intel NUC as well as iPower.

May 4, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #19 of 328
Ah whoops didn't look too closely at the specs.  Forgot the NUC is 19v.  Never mind then.

The HD-Plex solved my issues so no buyers remorse.

May 20, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #20 of 328
  Hello,

I found a new product from iFi audio, the iPower: http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ipower/

Input: 100-240VAC
Output: 5V/2.1A; 9V/1.5A; 12V/1.1A
Output plug: 3.5×1.35mm; 4.0×1.7mm; 5.5×2.1mm; 5.5×2.5mm
Noise*: ~1uV
Size: 82x43x40 mm
Weight: 155g (with cable)
* Average audio band noise floor

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ipower/

Now 3uV 
deadhorse.gif

May 22, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #22 of 328
Is there any way to get a iFi low noise 12V 5A version for i.e. small audio x86 hardware servers, like picu PSU?

May 23, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #24 of 328
Sweet, I could use 9V version with this $275 SD card player

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=42304273046

Same AKM 4490 chip as the ones inside AK380

fBcpJSI.jpg

May 24, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #25 of 328
  Thanks for posting the video.

I wonder if iFi plans to package the iPower with their other equipment like the iUSB and iTube?

They will include the iPower in every model that requires wall-wart adapter.

In fact, when I purchased my Micro iCAN, I was able to chose the option between low noise adapter or new iPower. ( It is just newer package that has a iPower. )

I went with the one with iPower since I wanted to make sure I get the dip switch on the iCAN, since package with iPower is newer batch.

May 24, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #26 of 328
  They will include the iPower in every model that requires wall-wart adapter.

In fact, when I purchased my Micro iCAN, I was able to chose the option between low noise adapter or new iPower. ( It is just newer package that has a iPower. )

I went with the one with iPower since I wanted to make sure I get the dip switch on the iCAN, since package with iPower is newer batch.

Thanks, good to know.

I also heard rumor about an iUSB3 coming but found nothing official yet. An improved iUSB with this new iPower would go nicely with my iDSD Micro.

Also hoping for a new iTube with the iPower (and a heaphone output).

May 24, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #27 of 328

Thanks, good to know.

I also heard rumor about an iUSB3 coming but found nothing official yet. An improved iUSB with this new iPower would go nicely with my iDSD Micro.

Also hoping for a new iTube with the iPower (and a heaphone output).

I am not really sure with newer / improved version of products you have mentioned.

All I know is that they are working on the pro / mini line up which is strictly for desktop usage only. ( They costs $1500~ )

May 25, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #28 of 328
  I am not really sure with newer / improved version of products you have mentioned.

All I know is that they are working on the pro / mini line up which is strictly for desktop usage only. ( They costs $1500~ )

Quite a few iFi products (from what I saw) were on backorder for a while.

Someone here (I think an iClub member) mentioned an iUSB3 and I new the iPower was coming. Seemed logical that iFi might be gearing up for updates.

Had my eye on the both the iTube and iUSB for a while but would hate to see a new or updated/improved version shortly after getting them. Plus the iPower is $49; not bad for what it is but why buy it separately when the Micro stuff I want anyway might come with it.

May 28, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #29 of 328

Quite a few iFi products (from what I saw) were on backorder for a while.

Someone here (I think an iClub member) mentioned an iUSB3 and I new the iPower was coming. Seemed logical that iFi might be gearing up for updates.

Had my eye on the both the iTube and iUSB for a while but would hate to see a new or updated/improved version shortly after getting them. Plus the iPower is $49; not bad for what it is but why buy it separately when the Micro stuff I want anyway might come with it.

I wonder if this is why the iUSB has seemed to increase in price recently.  I thought it used to be around $200, now about $230.  And I think it's sold separately if you want to use it with non iFi gear, or with one you already own.

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #30 of 328
I can also confirm that I just received a new iUSB power that included the new iPower supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back