iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Audio

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by ifi audio, Mar 10, 2017.

1. thyname
    Questions:

1 - Is the iGalvanic 3.0 redundant when using a sms-200 Ultra or ultraRendu?

2 - Anyone compared it with ISO Regen?

Thanks!

2. motberg
    .. just wondering.. in this test - did you still get the clocks/pops with all Ground Link switch positions?

3. littlexx26
    you are correct. only middle position got the clicks and pops

4. iFi audio
    Hi,

Please open a ticket via our Support Ticket System platform, to be found here:

http://support.ifi-audio.com

This is the fastest and the most reliable way to handle any issues there are with our products.

Thanks!
    iFi Team

5. thyname
    I went ahead and ordered the iGalvanic 3.0 today from Amazon.

I have a top notch Wireworld Platinum 7 USB cable. Now I need a second USB cable. Assuming using the UsB cable that comes with iGalvanic, where would I put my best USB cable? Before or after the iGalvanic?

Here is my setup:

Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i5BNH ---> SOtM sMS-200 Ultra (powered by LPS-1) --> Singxer SU-1 (powered by LPS-1) --> i2s --> Holo Spring L3 KTE --> iFi iCan Pro --> Focal Utopia

Obviously, the iGalvanic would go in between the sMS-200 Ultra (player) and the Singxer SU-1

6. manishex
    USPCB adapter is an optimised adapter, theoretically bettering any cable

7. thyname
    Thanks! Assuming putting the USPCB after the iGalvanic?

8. ahmadfaizadnan
    Hope you can leave your impression later on :ksc75smile: I am thinking of getting the igalvanic for my SU-1 and spring KTE

9. manishex
    Yep, I put mine just before my Su-1 but there might be a gap problem as my power cable has a large termination which is blocks off my intona since it's the equivalent of a 5cm cable. Luckily my ifi purifier and defender increase the gap.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  10. thyname
    And no issue with USB 3.0 vs. 2.0 format? For both adapter and Singxer?

11. Franatic
  12. manishex
    Usb
    USB 3.0 is backwards compatible, it's like using a USB 2.0 stick in a USB 3.0 port. I don't have the galvanic but have no issues with the singxer.

13. bflat
    The iGalvanic is powered by the USB bus power so I would make sure you use a USB 3.0 cable from your source to the iGalvanic. From the iGalvanic to your SU-1, you can use USB 2.0 because SU-1 powers itself and does not need BUS power. However, if your DAC is BUS powered, then you need to add the iDefender.

14. thyname
    Thank you for chiming in. Below with my signature is my setup. I should be OK on the "DAC" part, as the Singxer SU-1 I use before the DAC is powered by a LPS-1.

As for the USB cable from source (sms-200 Ultra) to the iGalvanic, does it matter the quality, or the blue cable that comes with iGalvanic would be OK? I have a very nice Wireworld Platinum Starlight cable currently, which I will use from iGalvanic to the singxer.

15. bflat
    I am not familiar with SOtM sMS-200 Ultra, but if that is your source and it is USB 2.0, it may not have enough current to power the iGalvanic. If it doesn't, you will need to add an iDefender plus 5V power supply. As for cable, I don't think you can use the included USB 3.0 cable with a 2.0 port as source. Data will be fine, but not sure how the current draw will be managed - meaning the iGalvanic expecting 3.0 current draw or 2.0. As for cable quality, it probably doesn't matter as iGalvanic kills noise and reclocks to reduce jitter.

Perhaps others can chime in and confirm that a USB 2.0 source can power the iGalvanic. USB 2.0 max power is 5W, but the iGalvanic spec says power consumption is < 6 watts so doesn't sound like 2.0 as power source is optimal.