iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Audio
Jan 25, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #742 of 745
I have this USB chain:

1. Laptop > idefender > isilencer > mercury> igalvanic > idefender > mercury > iusb > gemini > Chord Hugo TT2 = Laptop does not detect DAC
2. Laptop > idefender > isilencer > mercury> iusb > gemini > igalvanic > idefender > mercury > Chord Hugo TT2 = Laptop does not detect DAC
3. Laptop > idefender > isilencer > mercury> igalvanic > idefender > mercury > Chord Hugo TT2 = Laptop detects DAC
4. Laptop > idefender > isilencer > mercury> iusb > gemini > Chord Hugo TT2 = Laptop detects DAC

How can I address the problem for item nos. 1 and 2?

Thank you!
Crazy chain :wink: The TT2 already has a galvanic isolated usb port. I wonder if another igalvanic adapter would make any difference. Or what kind of improvements you have from all the other adapters. Is there really an improvement in SQ (when one has no obviously audible noises in the audio signal) and if so which device is responsible for that? I thought every material change (metal to metal connection) rather tends to degrade the sound quality.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #743 of 745
Crazy chain :wink: The TT2 already has a galvanic isolated usb port. I wonder if another igalvanic adapter would make any difference. Or what kind of improvements you have from all the other adapters. Is there really an improvement in SQ (when one has no obviously audible noises in the audio signal) and if so which device is responsible for that? I thought every material change (metal to metal connection) rather tends to degrade the sound quality.
Lot of products that seem to do the same thing.

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #744 of 745
I wonder how any of these products can help a TT2 at all. Aren't the USB and clock of the TT2 very well designed with very good dithering performance? I understand that ground loops with audible hum could be a real problem. But can one really improve the sound quality with any of these adapters?

Jan 26, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #745 of 745
I wonder how any of these products can help a TT2 at all. Aren't the USB and clock of the TT2 very well designed with very good dithering performance? I understand that ground loops with audible hum could be a real problem. But can one really improve the sound quality with any of these adapters?
@powermod from my experience they don't. Furthermore on some setups iGalvanic + iUSB3 doesn't work correctly regardless of their switches settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back