iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
May 4, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #1,426 of 2,172
I've read through the last couple dozen pages but haven't found a clear answer to this, apologies if I missed it:

As of the new 7.2 update, there is no GTO filter and the 3 filter switches work as advertised? Is MQA removed via 7.2 as well?

May 5, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #1,427 of 2,172
Here is my set up which sounds excellent to me in terms of Synergy.
Focal Radiance headphones>>OIDIO Mongrel 4.4 balanced cable>>iFi iDSL Signature.
Good enough to be End Game for me*

Thank you to Focal, OIDIO, iFi Audio and members of headfi in helping me make these choices.

199BC4FD-8712-40A2-9BB5-B35ADB38444F.jpeg

7A875C68-71D6-43F9-8408-6BD54B0F85CA.jpeg

* Reference to End Game is only valid for 6 months after which further £££spending is forecast.

May 5, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #1,428 of 2,172
cans1.jpg

Does the iPurifier3 offer any benefit at all to the Signature? I've heard some conflicting statements that the Signature has the iPurifier built in - but haven't seen much proof. Is the zero jitter tech about the same as the re-clocking?

May 6, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #1,431 of 2,172
If you do not care about the flexibility of a Black Label with all the features and if you use just full size headphones, yes, it is a really good upgrade.
Atm I have just 2 of the devices here (I have sold my Signature few weeks ago).

At the end, all 3 are really good, but just different with different target groups :wink:

E.g. my HE1000V2 sounds just amazing with the Diablo. But I like my Utopia more with the Black Label. With my former 64Audio U12t I have prefered the Signature over the other 2 :wink:

The most flexible device is the Signature and best value for the money if you use IEMs, easy to drive headphones and totl headphones. But if you focus is 100% on hard to drive full size headphones, go with the Diablo.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #1,432 of 2,172
If you do not care about the flexibility of a Black Label with all the features and if you use just full size headphones, yes, it is a really good upgrade.
Atm I have just 2 of the devices here (I have sold my Signature few weeks ago).

At the end, all 3 are really good, but just different with different target groups :wink:

E.g. my HE1000V2 sounds just amazing with the Diablo. But I like my Utopia more with the Black Label. With my former 64Audio U12t I have prefered the Signature over the other 2 :wink:

The most flexible device is the Signature and best value for the money if you use IEMs, easy to drive headphones and totl headphones. But if you focus is 100% on hard to drive full size headphones, go with the Diablo.
Thank you for feedback. My headphones are Focal Radiance which are quite easy to drive. They sound great out of my Signature and i use XBASE. however the price of Diablo as upgrade is in my budget so I don’t want regrets after my return window. If Diablo is better sound quality I should upgrade now.

my concern about Diablo is it might be bright/sibilant as some have said?
Also does it have enough Base Slam since it doesn’t have XBASE? My cable is Pent Balanced from my Focal Radiance.

May 6, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #1,433 of 2,172
I would not recomment the Diablo as upgrade in your case. The Diablo has a bit more bass out of the box compared to the Signature but is missing the Xbass feature (with Xbass on active, the Signature has much more bass then the Diablo). The Xbass of the Signature is btw really good implemented. I like it more then the one in the Black Label.
The Diablo shows his strenghs with heavy to drive headphones.

The Diablo is not brighter or darker then the Signature. The Diablo sounds just a bit more "colored" and the sound signature is more engaging. The Signature is quite neutral and the Black Label is warm and smooth. Depends what you like and in which direction you would like to "change" your headphone.

I just can repeat myself ... I like all 3 :D All are good, but all are different :wink:

Edit:
Cable does not really matter :scream: Let's see if someone wants to punish me now :D :runner:

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #1,434 of 2,172
I've read through the last couple dozen pages but haven't found a clear answer to this, apologies if I missed it:

As of the new 7.2 update, there is no GTO filter and the 3 filter switches work as advertised? Is MQA removed via 7.2 as well?

Correcto, MQA, and the three filters do work on 7.2. No GTO!

This one mainly is responsible for the following

- "Fixed issues surrounding DoP standard; including ‘clicks’ when changing tracks and sonic differences to native DSD. Small code optimizations from previous firmware."

Here is my set up which sounds excellent to me in terms of Synergy.
Focal Radiance headphones>>OIDIO Mongrel 4.4 balanced cable>>iFi iDSL Signature.
Good enough to be End Game for me*

Thank you to Focal, OIDIO, iFi Audio and members of headfi in helping me make these choices.

199BC4FD-8712-40A2-9BB5-B35ADB38444F.jpeg

7A875C68-71D6-43F9-8408-6BD54B0F85CA.jpeg

* Reference to End Game is only valid for 6 months after which further £££spending is forecast.

Of course! Glad you find your way to us.

Does the iPurifier3 offer any benefit at all to the Signature? I've heard some conflicting statements that the Signature has the iPurifier built in - but haven't seen much proof. Is the zero jitter tech about the same as the re-clocking?

We generally run by the mentality that double the protection by adding something (e.x. a Purifier) is always a help vs a hurt.

That said, the Signature already has an Ultra-low jitter GMT Femtosecond Clock.

Crystal jitter and GMT-related clock speeds are two different things, but all apply throughout the same system.

Is the Diablo an upgrade in sound quality if you only use full sized headphones with 4.4 balanced connection?

We definitely believe so, especially if you're in the market for the reference sound!

May 7, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #1,435 of 2,172
@Sebastien Chiu , does this apply to Signature? It's the info from Ifi website. "Is it possible to charge and play at the same time? Yes, you can charge and play at the same time. If you actually have the xDSD permanently attached to USB power it will enter “desktop” mode after the first time the battery is charged fully and the unit is turned off. In desktop mode, the battery is charged to ~ 70% and kept in maintenance mode. This state is maintained until the xDSD enters battery power mode (unplugged or turned on battery)." Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back