iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Oct 31, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #241 of 2,172
Hugo2 couldn’t drive Phi imo. I would prefer signature over it. By the way, I‘m really fun of Chord and I had been used Hugo2 for many years.
Literally just found that out!!
Very disappointed the Hugo2 sounded lost to me... I demo it for 5 minutes track for track against the BL on my Phi’s and it just didn’t drive them at all...
Teardrop and Angel both by Massive Attack sounded flat...
And the micro USB connector on the rear is a disaster.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #244 of 2,172
Hey so I think to be fair to the thread as it’s about ifi I can say I will be buying a Signature for the sole purpose of travel and convenience but yes I did sample the Burson.
Blew me away if I’m honest.
I was there 3 hours swopping cables and plugs ove and over and it drove my phi’s magically.
The slam was amazing and at really high volume it was unbearable to listen than turning distorted and I’ve come away very very positive it can’t be beaten for me.
However, I know ifi have a launch this month so I shall hang out and see what it is and try it before deciding.
But the Burson reference was just amazing and it’s hard for me to say it, looking and trying to find something for so long. The fact it stands up for space for me is also a game changer.
007A4741-07FF-4D7B-B5D9-08BB85032E2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #249 of 2,172
Interesting that it is available in the Netherlands and Germany.

I cannot find it in the UK.....where Ifi is based :thinking:
I was thinking the same, I suppose they are assembled in China though like most things these days, so the first to go on sale go to the country who are the quickest through customs. Germany has a lot of the shipping hubs for Europe too.

It wont be long to wait now though in the UK I'm sure.

Nov 1, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #251 of 2,172
Nov 2, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #254 of 2,172
Coming from a print background and now in the Apple arena, packaging looks spot on with the Signature. and the customer journey looks one of excitement 👌🏻

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back