iFi audio iDSD Diablo - A portable reference done our way!
Apr 12, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #1,247 of 2,988
Fair enough. Ate least for me and for my IEMs/cables, 10PM is around the volume where the channel imbalance ceases, but it is quite loud to my ears. On my old DAPs and amps I would listen to much lower volumes.

but the sound and 3D/xBass switches are great and addicting.

i ruled out the diablo due to missing iMatch and 3D/Xbass switches. But I will try it soon just to see the volume levels.
The Diablo's very different from the Signature in that you would not necessarily need the 3D and xBass, or if you do simply stick with Signature. I went for the Diablo after Signature because it's a totally different sound that has more dynamic range and on some songs way more visceral. I'm not a loud volume guy either, which is why I'm getting the impedance attenuator made, hoping it doesn't take away from Diablo's character.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #1,248 of 2,988
i ruled out the diablo due to missing iMatch and 3D/Xbass switches. But I will try it soon just to see the volume levels.

Yes, it seems then that for you micro iDSD Signature was better :)

V/mW the balanced output provides?

If I recall correctly it would be about 1.2W into that load.

I went for the Diablo after Signature because it's a totally different sound that has more dynamic range and on some songs way mote visceral.

I agree, iDSD Diablo sounds more raw and naughty :sunglasses:

Last edited:
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 12, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #1,249 of 2,988
DSD512 works...

asas.PNG

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #1,253 of 2,988
Yes. Question is how fast the internal battery will be decharged if it does not play music (just standby, beause PC is shut down).
I left mine today turned on in the morning (by accident) and it was dead in the evening but I can not say how many hours it took for a full discharge.

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,254 of 2,988
I left mine today turned on in the morning (by accident) and it was dead in the evening but I can not say how many hours it took for a full discharge.

I had more less the same situation over night. It was empty next day in the morning. But same as you, I do not know how much % of the battery was left as I went to bed.

Apr 14, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #1,256 of 2,988
That's insane, What an achievement to have all that power and keeping it from melting .

Thanks! Appreciate the compliment (we'll take it as such!)

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #1,258 of 2,988
I know this post will be controversial, but for my ears, ECO mode is the best sound from the Diablo.
There is a logical reason, eco draws a lot less voltage and current from the batteries, so the power supply works easier!
I'm listening to in eco mode for 3 days, and every time that I change to normal, after no more than 15 minutes, I'm back to the super eco...

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #1,259 of 2,988
I know this post will be controversial, but for my ears, ECO mode is the best sound from the Diablo.
There is a logical reason, eco draws a lot less voltage and current from the batteries, so the power supply works easier!
I'm listening to in eco mode for 3 days, and every time that I change to normal, after no more than 15 minutes, I'm back to the super eco...
For me it depends on the iem. I've found using normal or turbo for some single DD IEMs pushes the dynamic range, staging and depth. The impedance attenuator helps alot and makes normal volumes listenable in those modes.

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #1,260 of 2,988
Won’t it come to Turkey?

Do you mean in regards to shipping to Turkey and/or having a distributor in Turkey?

For me it depends on the iem. I've found using normal or turbo for some single DD IEMs pushes the dynamic range, staging and depth. The impedance attenuator helps alot and makes normal volumes listenable in those modes.

Thanks, both! Glad you are enjoying it either way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back