iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Sep 26, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #331 of 1,588
hi, is the go blu sound similar to hip-dac?
Sound signature wise they are the same to me. I find my lcd 2 closed back and Aeon Flow 2 sound better on the hip dac. For iems and easy to drive cans I don’t think I could tell the difference. My Beyerdynamic T5P sounds fantastic on both (to me). For iems I prefer the lower power of the GO, I like to have more of the volume pot to play with.

Sep 27, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #332 of 1,588
Sound signature wise they are the same to me. I find my lcd 2 closed back and Aeon Flow 2 sound better on the hip dac. For iems and easy to drive cans I don’t think I could tell the difference. My Beyerdynamic T5P sounds fantastic on both (to me). For iems I prefer the lower power of the GO, I like to have more of the volume pot to play with.
thx for the sharing ☺️

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #334 of 1,588
So, if I've got Hip-Dac with my IEM and used to using it with my IEMS there is no reason to change to Go Blu?
And for full-size headphones Hip-Dac is more suitable?

If the hip dac is portable enough for you and it works with your headphones there is no point to get this.

I found the hip dac to be impossible to use whilst walking about. To big and the volume wheel is too easily turned.

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #335 of 1,588
On the other hand it’s bloody cute and everyone should own one.

image.jpg

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #336 of 1,588
On the other hand it’s bloody cute and everyone should own one.

image.jpg
It IS adorable :). I will wait to see if iFi comes out with an app, however. For now I am quite happy with the 5K (though the ergonomics, what’s the term… oh, yeah, suck), and the BTR5 (though the range is horrible).

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #337 of 1,588
It IS adorable :). I will wait to see if iFi comes out with an app, however. For now I am quite happy with the 5K (though the ergonomics, what’s the term… oh, yeah, suck), and the BTR5 (though the range is horrible).

I get where you are coming from, I have all my dsp settings from oratory saved in neutron.

Sep 27, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #343 of 1,588
Sep 27, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #345 of 1,588
I’ve read that USB dacs require the Apple Camera adapter since it transfers raw data which is required for the audio to work.
Never tried this myself.
While that might be true of the Blu, I have been successful with my Lotoo S1 and only a straight usbc to Lightning cable connecting to my iPad.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back