iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Sep 11, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #92 of 1,585
I love the BTR5 and the Qudelix and agree with you about the Qudelix app. It's great, but personally find myself using only a fraction of what it offers (mostly just the in app volume settings and controls for calls Vs other audio). However in building quality, whilst the Qudelix seems cheaper, it's proved more durable than my btr5 which now has chipped glass from one drop.

But the Go blu build looks great. The volume knob looks great, but how effective is it at not being pressed or turned while in pocket and on the go (a problem I always have with my Shanling Q1)?
This could turn out to be an issue, but I have faith that a company like iFi would have considered this and simply engineered a stiff knob (stoppit) or detents pronounced enough to prevent accidental knob twisting.
Waitaminute, were you just fishing for knob gags?
Shame👏on👏you👏 😁

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #94 of 1,585
So only 5mW more than a BTR5 but more than double the price? Personally, I don't think 4.4mm and xbass /xspace bridge that gap for me (you may feel differently about that and that's ok).

It does look at very pretty and ifi build quality is usually excellent. But the price gap between this and the BTR5/Qudelix 5k makes this a hard sell for me based on current info on the ifi Go blu

Now, if I was to be told 1- that this could also output audio via USB-C so that it could act as a bluetooth receiver for other transportable DAC/Amps like the micro idsd Signature or Diablo (or even the dethonray Honey); and 2 - that we can expect an aptx
Lossless firmware update in the near future for this that would make the price more compelling. Without these features I'm happy sticking with my BTR5 and Qudelix 5k until they either die (which may be a while because they seem solid) or a more interesting proposition comes along.
If I'm not mistaken Btr5 is akm, 5k is Ess, and iFi is BurrBrown. So you can not be considered completionist without this.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #96 of 1,585
This could turn out to be an issue, but I have faith that a company like iFi would have considered this and simply engineered a stiff knob (stoppit) or detents pronounced enough to prevent accidental knob twisting.
Waitaminute, were you just fishing for knob gags?
Shame👏on👏you👏 😁
Haha ...Foiled again!

Is that an ifi GO Blu in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

(It took less than a day to descend to knob jokes... Impressive!)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #98 of 1,585
Will it connect to a Samsung led TV from 2016 in Bluetooth mode?

Well, it should. It really depends on what BT codecs the TV supports as to how well it works. Might be SBC only for the worst case. Suggest you look up the TV's BT specs to be sure.

Sep 11, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #99 of 1,585
Where I can order it? On audio46 only a pre-order is available

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #100 of 1,585
How does this compare to the xcan or xdsd? Both of those seem to be bluetooth / pocketable amps, what's the selling point of each and the reason to get the xcan/xdsd/go-blu over the others?
I was wondering the same questions! XDSD is still, at least to me, the best sounding BT receiver I have tried so far. Also I prefer its implementation of Xbass and 3D plus over most "regular" EQs. If the Go Blu sounds similar while being much smaller, I might be forced to sell my recently purchased UP5 again, though I really like it, too. A little leather case with shirt clip by Dignis for the Go Blu would be fantastic btw! :)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #101 of 1,585
I was wondering the same questions! XDSD is still, at least to me, the best sounding BT receiver I have tried so far. Also I prefer its implementation of Xbass and 3D plus over many "regular" EQs in other sources. If the Go Blu sounds similar while being much smaller, I might be forced to sell my recently purchased UP5 again, though I really like it, too. A little leather case with shirt clip by Dignis for the Go Blu would be fantastic btw! :)
Maybe even Valentinum will build a leather clip case...

Sep 11, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #102 of 1,585
this is cool...Ifi is on a roll right now.

Sep 11, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #103 of 1,585
I love the design of this. That volume knob makes me drool. I don’t want to pay $200 for a Bluetooth dongle but can’t say I’m no tempted.

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #105 of 1,585
Battery question has been answered...must return to ifi, not user replaceable. Haven't heard about firmware updates yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back