iFi audio Classic Revival
Mar 15, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #62 of 155
To get the most out of what a concert conveys from my Computer I bought my first HiFi headphone, The Classic HD650, and I'm looking for an amplifier that fits perfectly into the synergy of the HD650. A well made and well built product becomes timeless. I want an Amplifier that is the final game that lasts many years, and especially, that the company that produces and respects the environment and uses materials that do not attack. I really enjoyed your creativity of offering boxes of surprises, and instead of choosing a product of yours, I prefer that the box is totally mysterious and that starts from the choice of you the amplifier that makes my 650 complete.

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #63 of 155
Thank you for this giveaway initiative.

I would love to have an iTube please, how I’m going to use it? well, I want some tube magic for my skunk-rock parties:

skunk_rock.jpg

Or a classic micro iDSD, this one would be for my wife’s enjoyment because I have a plan: The iDsd will hook her up to this hobby for sure, then she will understand why these gadgets make sense, and hopefully she will understand my hifi purchasing decisions (mmm… that’s to optimistic maybe).

How is all that original? I’m almost the only one abiding by the rules and not asking for and iDSD black or Pro gear. Not good enough? what about this?

BW1294.jpg

For clarification: she's not my wife

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #64 of 155
First stop.
Here in Europe, we have a system of state-run Elementary Music Schools. Kids usually visit music lessons once a week in the afternoon. And at least here in the Czech Republic, almost every kid learns to play an instrument, and I believe it's similar in other countries in Central Europe. I used to play classical guitar (moved to renaissance lute later).

When I was at the high school - still going to the Elementary Music School because I had a terrific teacher - we started a rock band with a couple of friends. Coincidentally I found my wife through this band, but I digress. Anyway, as a bunch of broke high school students, the inevitable question arose. How do we record a demo with little to no funding? Whatever money we could get was spent on beer of course.

My Music School finished a new building by that time, and there was a recording studio in it. So I asked around, and the guy running the studio let us record the demo over two weekends for a very, very friendly price. So I believe this is a very nice opportunity where a company like IFI can make a difference and help a good thing.

I don't think that going to the Czech Republic specifically is necessary. But I'd guess that in the UK, and elsewhere too, there are similar Elementary Music Schools. And they could use a few pieces of good quality audio equipment.

Second.
I'd love the iDSD. But my usage would be boring. Mostly at home office, with my IEMs - Massdrop Noble X, but I think I'll upgrade it soon. I have a couple of friends who appreciate good quality headphones and audio in general, so I'd be excited to let them try it out! And I think I'd write a review, just because I'd be too happy. But other than that, I'd just enjoy my beloved classical music, now with a significantly better source (I'm using FiiO E10 Olympus now, and sadly it's quite hissy when combined with my IEMs).

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #65 of 155
Just a shout-out to you guys @iFi audio. Great stuff; keep doing what you're doing.
Took me some time to bite the bullet on the iFi microDSD, iFi USB, iFi iRack combo.
Gotta say, I've got an other amps and DACs but iFi is such a swissknife,
I think you guys gave them Victorinox guys a run for the money. I'm 1 year+ happy!

I'm powering my Hifiman's and my Senn's and my Foster's and well, there really is no stopping to all the fun there, or anywhere for that matter.
It's almost like the LAST AMP I'd ever buy (oops, not sure if you guys intended so lol).
Let me think if there's any complaints that I may have... Hmmm... Okay; thought complete: I have none.

This is an appreciation post; figured I'd be heard and you'd be happy to know.
I'd ask for some goodies, cuz that's what I came here for, but then I looked around and there are other folks who might need them more. Someone's mum, someone's wifey could use some of that iFi goodness...

Go right ahead; let the ones who wonder what iFi is, get a taste of it all.
Yeah, they're in for that special treat.

Again... keep doing what you're doing.
Should anything happen to my iFi's (which I'm pretty sure won't), I know what I'd need to do.
High-five, iFi!

N2Xr4QE.jpg
N2Xr4QE.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #66 of 155
I just quote myself:
Since you are located in the UK, Nordoff/Robbins should be a nice charity.
https://www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/
I mean, they do a lot with Instruments but my guess would be that they also listen a lot to music.
To be honest, with the iDSD LE and the ieMatch, the only thing I could use is the original iTube. I will get the Massdrop Sennheiser HD-6xx this july and those should scale well with the iTube. I'm also planning on trying some tube amps just to get an impression how they sound.
There is also one more family member, who would really benefit from your mysterious boxes: My cat Lea!
As you can see, she really is into boxes in various sizes.
DSC07114_ji.jpg
Small boxes are also welcome!
DSC05878_ji.jpg
And hey, she pretends to be some lactose-free milk!
DSC07704_ji_ji.jpg
So, you would do me and most importantly my cat a huge favor!

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #67 of 155
I'm from Hong Kong so I support donation to Hong Kong Organization, Music Therapy definitely chill people down and stay focus!!!

https://www.musictherapyhk.org/

My Classic iFi product in my view is iFi iUSBPower (original), the first product ever realize the power of Dual USB Output Cable by Separate Power and Data in elegant one unit package, plus ground isolation, both long term problems plaguing Computer audio system, my first iFi Product and still using it.

I would love to receive a Stereo 50 as not much Tubed Amplifier with Top digital audio interface in same box yet looking so good, great speaker output plus Headphone one, if only can own one Audio Gear in Living Room, that's the ONE!!

file.php

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #68 of 155
I would love to get an iTube2. I've always wanted to try the tubey sound, buying it's hard to find a tube amp that suits planars (and most of my 'phones are planars).

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #69 of 155
Hi iFi,
I don't think I'd need another dac or an amp from you since I already own the excellent iDSD Black Label but I do wonder whether it can be pushed even further so I'd love to try out some of the power/usb related components.

Mar 15, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #70 of 155
I'm terrible devastated since i gave my ifi nano BL away to a friend of mine. He was using his Fidelio X2 with his notebook output, so i had to help him out and gave the nano BL to him. Im happy for him finally experiencing audio how you should be, but yeah im really missing the little black magic box and I'd love to have one again. On a sidenote, i always wanted the original Ifi micro iDSD BL but sadly as a student it was much too expensive for my wallet. Maybe some day I'll get one of those too and maybe some fine planar magnetic headphone to pair it with!

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #71 of 155
IfI where to receive a gift,
A DAC is what id love
a heavenly sound, a lovely riff
aural pleasure from above
for bound to my house I am
headphones forever worn
mobility is inhibited for me
to move it is a chore

music is my main escape
dizziness is my thorn
most my time is spent forlorn
to journey the world
reborn

to journey the world
reborn

(a magni 3 is on its way
that's all i could afford)

Edit: a good place to donate audio gear would be a Music Therapy center or school

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #73 of 155
Hah, I thought the creativity part was about how you use it, not how you ask for it. My bad :)

So I'll still say this: I'd like to build a crazy chain of digital audio cables starting and ending with USB, but using as many converters, long cables (optical, coax, what have you) as possible in between, and show that you still get bit-perfect audio out on the other side (or find out which part of the chain breaks it).

The tricky part is getting digital audio back into the computer. The only device for that I have right now is the Creative Sound Blaster E5 with its optical input, which invariably modifies the bits with its volume settings (100% volume actually amplifies the incoming digital audio, no change is probably at 66.666...%, but I can only choose 66% or 67%). It also doesn't produce bit perfect audio beyond 96 kHz with its optical out. Sad.

So! If iFi had any classic product that allowed digital audio (PCM) back into the computer, bit perfect (ideally up to 24/192), that would be swell!

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #74 of 155
I like turtles... And free iFi stuff!

Mar 16, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #75 of 155
I have long loved tubes. Guitar amps, headphone amps, that glow.... I just love the holographic and natural sound they can produce.

With that said listening at work means I cannot have a conventional tube amp as something a little more discrete is required in an open Office. For me an itube would be the perfect way to get some tubey goodness into my chain. .

Obviously an ican for the other end of the chain would probably help in getting the sound out to my headphones, but heck you can't have everything :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back