If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
May 5, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #16,742 of 19,243
Cutting a 6mm heat shrink tubing into rings and placing it on the bullet body worked pretty well to me (I don't even need to heat it up to get a tight fit).
P10505-0857211.jpg

May 5, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #16,743 of 19,243
May 5, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #16,744 of 19,243
Cutting a 6mm heat shrink tubing into rings and placing it on the bullet body worked pretty well to me (I don't even need to heat it up to get a tight fit).
P10505-0857211.jpg
I did the same!

May 6, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #16,745 of 19,243
Sorry if I'm treading on really old ground, but I did try a couple searches to no avail...

What are some of y'all doing to "mod" your ER4x to differentiate between Right & Left ear piece? I'd like to do something so I could go by touch alone...was thinking maybe (properly-sized) silicone O-ring(s) around one of the ear pieces.
Small section of black "bread tie" wrapped around the right cable just below the connector, tight enuf to keep it from sliding up / down. I can feel it even in the dark.

May 6, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #16,748 of 19,243
Hello guys, got my 4SR today.
Not sure how to read the certificate.

Is a matching between L 97.4 dB / 0.55% THD and R 97.5 dB / 0.73% THD totally normal or rather critical? I mean especially the THD part.
Nothing to be worry about. The specs you received for your unit are actually quite decent. I have seen higher variances and yet they performed perfectly fine.

May 6, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #16,749 of 19,243

Hello guys, got my 4SR today.
Not sure how to read the certificate.

Is a matching between L 97.4 dB / 0.55% THD and R 97.5 dB / 0.73% THD totally normal or rather critical? I mean especially the THD part.

THD is an overstated thing with Etymotic IEM's, I had the ER4XR which was 1.1% It sounded crystal clear when I got it. But many seem to get really touchy when the ER4 does measure at 0.1 ~ 0.2% and just claim all ER4's are high like most ER4XR's. Which is ironic when they hype the ER2XR as low THD which at 94db rate 0.8%.

May 7, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #16,750 of 19,243

THD is an overstated thing with Etymotic IEM's, I had the ER4XR which was 1.1% It sounded crystal clear when I got it. But many seem to get really touchy when the ER4 does measure at 0.1 ~ 0.2% and just claim all ER4's are high like most ER4XR's. Which is ironic when they hype the ER2XR as low THD which at 94db rate 0.8%.
Thx. For the reply. I’ve no problem at all with 0.5% or .7% THD. My XR have both .95%. My concern/question was more about the small difference and if it is a real world problem.

May 7, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #16,751 of 19,243
Hello

Sometimes on my ER2XR one earbud stops working and after letting it rest for an hour or so it suddenly works again!
If I move the earbud to the other side on the cable the problem follows the earbud so it's not a problem with the cable.

This is the second pair I have with the same problem! Has anyone else had this problem?

Brgds... /Thomas

May 7, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #16,752 of 19,243
Hello

Sometimes on my ER2XR one earbud stops working and after letting it rest for an hour or so it suddenly works again!
If I move the earbud to the other side on the cable the problem follows the earbud so it's not a problem with the cable.

This is the second pair I have with the same problem! Has anyone else had this problem?

Brgds... /Thomas

If by "stop working" you mean one side getting considerably quieter than the other it very likely could be ear moisture building up and slowly clogging the nozzle screen filter, which sort of blocks the air passage (so letting it sit/dry out fixes the issue as described by you).

This issue is more prone to happen in high humidity areas (or in a room with the air conditioner on), wearing the IEM after a shower, or even during exercises. I'd avoid such situations and might get comply tips w/ earwax protection so the moisture won't clog the nozzle filter.

May 7, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #16,754 of 19,243
If by "stop working" you mean one side getting considerably quieter than the other it very likely could be ear moisture building up and slowly clogging the nozzle screen filter, which sort of blocks the air passage (so letting it sit/dry out fixes the issue as described by you).

This issue is more prone to happen in high humidity areas (or in a room with the air conditioner on), wearing the IEM after a shower, or even during exercises. I'd avoid such situations and might get comply tips w/ earwax protection so the moisture won't clog the nozzle filter.
Thanks for the input... I'll keep this in mind to avoid usage after showering. But what happens in this case is actually 100% silence on the earbud in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back