If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
May 4, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #15,076 of 19,241
Have y'all found any third party triple flanges that are inbetween the two stock sizes? The small stock triflanges are a tad too small, and the large ones are a tad too big for me.
Something of a compromise between the two is the long-stem variation of the small (AKA standard) size. It's not larger, but it goes just a little deeper so may seal if the regular-stem one does not.

May 4, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #15,077 of 19,241
Do we have any specs on the BT cable like BT version, supported codecs and battery capacity?

May 7, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #15,080 of 19,241
After sometime without using them, the left side of my ER3SE is weak even without filter.
I have them since last November and I bought them new in Amazon.
Contacted Amazon and they informed me that I need to contact Etymotic in order to solve the problem.
Emailed Etymotic last Sunday and until now didn't get any feedback.

Anyone here has some experience in contacting Etymotic customer service?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #15,081 of 19,241
After sometime without using them, the left side of my ER3SE is weak even without filter.
Contacted Amazon and they informed me that I need to contact Etymotic in order to solve the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure about contacting ety but if you haven't already you could try cleaning the connectors with some plastic safe deoxit- mmcx and sometimes headphone outlets can develop oxidation/grime that results in these symptoms.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #15,084 of 19,241
Not sure about contacting ety but if you haven't already you could try cleaning the connectors with some plastic safe deoxit- mmcx and sometimes headphone outlets can develop oxidation/grime that results in these symptoms.

I understand but I bought these ones in November. So soon and already problems?
They are under warranty and Etymotic should give feedback and assist in this cases.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #15,085 of 19,241
Is that bad? I suspected but hard to believe...

Absolutely horrible. My experience was something like, I called, placed an order on the phone. I got nothing by email from them, no confirmation that there was an order. I followed up with an email, changing something about the order. Stlll nothing, no response. Weeks later, I wrote again and this time heard from them that there was no record of any order.

May 7, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #15,086 of 19,241
Absolutely horrible. My experience was something like, I called, placed an order on the phone. I got nothing by email from them, no confirmation that there was an order. I followed up with an email, changing something about the order. Stlll nothing, no response. Weeks later, I wrote again and this time heard from them that there was no record of any order.

Hard to read that. I really like their headphones but now I'm worried.
Sent another email earlier today and still no feedback.
I have an earphone bought new in last November that is broken, I live in Europe and I don't know what should I do.

May 7, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #15,087 of 19,241

Thank you in advance.

My experience with Etymotic was excellent last time i had an issue with my ER4s. This was from the US so i have no idea how it would be in Europe.

May 8, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #15,088 of 19,241
Hard to read that. I really like their headphones but now I'm worried.
Sent another email earlier today and still no feedback.
I have an earphone bought new in last November that is broken, I live in Europe and I don't know what should I do.

Before the takeover I had warranty issues with an ety earphone - I got a return number from CS sent back the broken one, got a brand new one back. Maybe you should call their CS (via Skype should be free) and ask for a warranty service return number?

You might also want to discuss with your local customs, how you should do the paperwork in PT to avoid paying VAT on the new one (which you'll hopefully receive) What I did ws to declare the old one as sent back for service and when the new one came in I declared as received back from service.

May 8, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #15,089 of 19,241
Before the takeover I had warranty issues with an ety earphone - I got a return number from CS sent back the broken one, got a brand new one back. Maybe you should call their CS (via Skype should be free) and ask for a warranty service return number?

You might also want to discuss with your local customs, how you should do the paperwork in PT to avoid paying VAT on the new one (which you'll hopefully receive) What I did ws to declare the old one as sent back for service and when the new one came in I declared as received back from service.

Thank you for the advices. I will try to reach CS via Skype. It’s a good ideia.

I really need to articulate with them the procedure.

Other possibility is send the broken ones to a service in Europe although I don’t know if they have any.
I don’t need a new pair. I need the ones I have working without any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back