If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Aug 16, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #9,107 of 19,202
I don't know how loose is your's but I've something similar in my XR. In my it's only fraction o milimeter but it's noticible. I've written an email to etymotic customer service and that's their response: "Thank you for writing. Some of them do have a little bit of play.  We’ve never seen one actually come apart, though.  It shouldn’t cause a problem."

Aug 16, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #9,108 of 19,202
Thanks for your reply.it really a bit of play...so it will not affect the tightness?maybe I should use glue?

I don't know how loose is your's but I've something similar in my XR. In my it's only fraction o milimeter but it's noticible. I've written an email to etymotic customer service and that's their response: "Thank you for writing. Some of them do have a little bit of play.  We’ve never seen one actually come apart, though.  It shouldn’t cause a problem."

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #9,110 of 19,202
A new shiny stuff was delivered by UPS guy...

I'll write impression, but let me enjoy the music first
smily_headphones1.gif

Are there any two words in the universe other than "studio reference" that would get a Hear-Fi:er more excited? Personally I get more excited by "extended response", but I guess that's just me...
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #9,113 of 19,202

I really hope etydave and the company is listening :) I've been searching for a pair of dropdown IEM's (I've never enjoyed around-the-ear as a wearing style), and this could be the perfect answer.

I'm definitely listening.   :)

I've learned over the years that there is inherent danger in saying something is going to happen unless it is absolutely imminent.  A balanced offering is something I'd like to do and I think there is a high probability we will offer at least one flavor of balanced cable.  If it becomes reality, I'll certainly talk about it on Head-Fi first.

I do have a question for all of you folks: what balanced players do you use?  Astell & Kern seems to be the heaviest hitter, but there's also FiiO, Hifiman and Pono (among others).

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #9,114 of 19,202
  Hello everybody
I got a ER4SR  at 8/4 from HK agent.
But i found the red cursor part is loose,it only  happen on left ear.
Is this normal??
Thanks

Some of them have a little bit of play (even though there is actually a thin layer of glue in there).  We've never seen one come apart, though.  In fact, when we've had to get them apart, we had to destroy it by drilling out the socket.

Needless to say, if you ever have problems with it, let us know and we'll make sure it's taken care of.

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #9,115 of 19,202
If it bothers you first send an email to customer service or to EtyDave here and ask about it. I'm quite sure that using glue will void the guarantee on the earphones.

We are generally very reasonable about things like that.  I can't fathom we would ever reject a warranty claim for something like that which clearly didn't cause an underlying problem.  Unless you flooded it with glue (not recommended) I don't really see an issue with putting a small drop of glue in there if it locks it in place and makes you feel better about it.  That's probably what I would do if it bothered me.

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #9,116 of 19,202
Maybe "hyper-neutrality"?
biggrin.gif

"Extreme Hyper Accuracy" or "UltraFlat" 

Although UltraFlat sounds like marketing for run flat tires.

Aug 17, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #9,117 of 19,202
If it bothers you first send an email to customer service or to EtyDave here and ask about it. I'm quite sure that using glue will void the guarantee on the earphones.

We are generally very reasonable about things like that.  I can't fathom we would ever reject a warranty claim for something like that which clearly didn't cause an underlying problem.  Unless you flooded it with glue (not recommended) I don't really see an issue with putting a small drop of glue in there if it locks it in place and makes you feel better about it.  That's probably what I would do if it bothered me.

There was too much bass on my xr. I put some super glue in the driver to slow it down, but now it's not working at all!?!? Can you give me a new free pair?

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #9,118 of 19,202
There was too much bass on my xr. I put some super glue in the driver to slow it down, but now it's not working at all!?!? Can you give me a new free pair?

That sounds serious.  Please rush to the nearest public phone and wait there for further instructions. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #9,119 of 19,202
If I use testers model paint on the left and right side of the ER4SR to distinguish left and right better Will that void  my warranty? I am legally blind
And the left and right indicators are to flush to even fill with my fingers half the time.

Aug 17, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #9,120 of 19,202
  If I use testers model paint on the left and right side of the ER4SR to distinguish left and right better Will that void  my warranty?

I can't imagine it would void your warrant unless the act of painting it caused a problem or you send it back because you didn't like the way the paint looked.

If you had an unrelated functional failure and we rejected the claim based on hobby paint that would be like a car dealer rejecting an engine claim because you put a bumper sticker on your car.

Personally, I'd use a Sharpie as you can carefully remove it if you change your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back