If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Feb 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #4,036 of 19,243
Love the altoids tin idea... will switch to using that for sure.  Especially with the over the ear adapters andwestone cable it no longer fits in the soft puch very well and I don't want to have to constantly re-bend the cable around the ears.

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #4,038 of 19,243
Comply Ts100 arrived and the small fits both the stem and my ear very well.  a bit fatter then the slims but doesn't cause more ear pressure inside, just more foam seems to fit snug and not having to cut them back they are sized perfectly to allow the nozzle of the stem to avoid the foam.  Perfect fit actually.  Still have not received the wax filter Tsx versions yet but very happy with the Ts100 small.  Wish I would have gotten 3 of these instead of mixed.

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #4,039 of 19,243
I
Comply Ts100 arrived and the small fits both the stem and my ear very well.  a bit fatter then the slims but doesn't cause more ear pressure inside, just more foam seems to fit snug and not having to cut them back they are sized perfectly to allow the nozzle of the stem to avoid the foam.  Perfect fit actually.  Still have not received the wax filter Tsx versions yet but very happy with the Ts100 small.  Wish I would have gotten 3 of these instead of mixed.
i'll take the other sets :wink:. Trade you for ety foams haha

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #4,040 of 19,243
well i got medium and large pair and 1 pair uncut slims and one pair cut slims...  should prolly keep the cut slims but could send the uncut ones and the medium and large Ts100... got anything for a trade?

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #4,042 of 19,243
  Just when I thought it couldn't get any better.  :)

ER4S LDURF EQ :p  (Green filters, comply tips or tri flange)

Hz
dB
BW
Q

Sorry, I am sure you have mentioned this before, but what programs are you using?

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #4,043 of 19,243
Any good eq app should sound the same if you use the correct bandwidth/q type. I use a bunch. Accudio has an amazing quality eq. You don't need to buy it or use the headphone sims. You can make one custom eq or buy it and make more. I used to use denon eq, but it isn't easy to enter values, and i don't think they use a standard db scale. On the mac i use the mac audio units. I think one is called band pass eq or something. I use an eq in logic pro, i use the rockbox eq. I've tried other apps on both ipod and mac, but i find these the simplest and best. The audio unit lets me use the eq system-wide on the mac...

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #4,045 of 19,243
They're good out of the x3 - I've been using the ER4S on high gain and enjoying it a lot.

On another note, does anyone have suggestions for Custom IEMs that have a similar signature to the ER4? I know about the UERM but what others are out there?

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #4,046 of 19,243
  They're good out of the x3 - I've been using the ER4S on high gain and enjoying it a lot.

On another note, does anyone have suggestions for Custom IEMs that have a similar signature to the ER4? I know about the UERM but what others are out there?

I'm using custom ear tips for the ER4 as ordered through their website.  I'm quite happy with the fit from the audiologist, just wishing the ER4 was a better form factor, more like custom IEMs.

In other news, I just sent my back to the mothership for repair (love that that is even an option since they are 7 years old!), I managed to crack one of the tubes trying to get a filter out.

Mar 4, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #4,048 of 19,243
Quick Question all: I've read that the ER4PT has better driver matching than the ER4S. I currently have both a sealed ER4S and a ER4PT and obviously will only keep one. I've been bouncing back and forth. What do you think is the ultimate in sound quality: the better matched drivers of the ER4PT but using the P to S adapter when amped, which would be almost always, or the ER4S, which doesn't need the P to S cable but may not have as closely matched drivers. Thanks for any advice! 

Mar 4, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #4,049 of 19,243
Quick Question all: I've read that the ER4PT has better driver matching than the ER4S. I currently have both a sealed ER4S and a ER4PT and obviously will only keep one. I've been bouncing back and forth. What do you think is the ultimate in sound quality: the better matched drivers of the ER4PT but using the P to S adapter when amped, which would be almost always, or the ER4S, which doesn't need the P to S cable but may not have as closely matched drivers. Thanks for any advice! 

The ER4S is matched just like the ER4PT,just the ER4PT has the included graph. Where did you hear the ER4S is not as accurately matched?

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #4,050 of 19,243
The ER4S is matched just like the ER4PT,just the ER4PT has the included graph. Where did you hear the ER4S is not as accurately matched?

Tim Gideon said he could hear the difference in his review of the ER4PT at PCMag using some frequency test. He actually rights pretty good reviews so I valued it more than some of the mainstream stuff I'v read. He praises highly the ER4S, owns both and said he could hear the difference. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back