If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Feb 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3,931 of 19,198
The warranty (or lack of one) on the replaced item surprised me a bit too.  She said that the warranty was for two years from the date of original purchase.  I hope the replacement (that they still consider an out of warranty repair) works properly, but even if it doesn't I don't expect any difficulty getting any issue resolved with Etymotic.

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #3,932 of 19,198
A fair deal.  Likely no accessories, and definitely no warranty (I asked about it).  I'll report back about whatever arrives.

You could buy all the accessories for not much more. :) you must stll have yours too though anyway right? :-o

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #3,933 of 19,198
Yes, I have my original accessories. All I was saying was that it's not quite the same as getting a new pair at half price, as was suggested earlier. I also don't know if the replacement pair will be from new stock or refurbished. I am guessing the former, I don't know if it's practical to do many repairs on the transducers.

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #3,936 of 19,198
lol
plz not the 16 vs 24bit troll again. most of the differences are due to different masterings not to 8more bits of silence.
but yeah the er4 is a detail monster, that is very true.

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #3,937 of 19,198
lol
plz not the 16 vs 24bit troll again. most of the differences are due to different masterings not to 8more bits of silence.

Its difficult to get a picture in my mind about the level of detail these iems have, not being able to demo then myself. I wasn't intending my post as a troll. :)

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #3,939 of 19,198
Once my ears gets used to the er4s sound, every other iems/headphones sound so much coloured it is not even funny. I can almost visualize the peaks and valleys in their frequency response relative to the flat er4s.

I have tried/owned many iems so far and nothing can compete in terms of clarity/cohesiveness/resolution with er4s. The only iem which did better was the NT6 pro demo, but that's a different level of playing field altogether, right?

I also seem to be the odd one out in that I find the triple flange fit quite well fitting and comfortable enough for really long stretches of listening periods :)

Cheers!

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #3,940 of 19,198
lol
Agree, most 24 bit cds are mastered for auidphiles. If the master is the same the difference is negligable if at all...

As reference i mix and master music. I've done a lot of resampling. The biggest improvement is during the recording process and even then it is small.

Regarding flatness once i'm used to my eq setting the er4s sounds colored :wink:. At least in that it lacks sub bass a bit and a bit of openness. I can't go back. Ha. But it's the flattest thing out there which is why eq works so well with it.,,

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #3,941 of 19,198
I decided to try the 'slim' comply P tips, since the medium where still a little uncomfortable after a while. Finally a comfortable fit with the best sound possible. With these tips they almost disappear (in sight and comfort).

slim comply P's, wearing down, using the shirt clip, a little EQ- finally satisfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back