1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...

First

Back
954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963
965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974
Next

Last
  1. lesale08
    I ordered the 75 ohm resistor. If that will change the 3xr to 4xr then that will be awesome. Hope it gets here before Christmas.
    Just recently sold my 4sr. It’s not getting a lot of use after I got my 3xr.

guicnovaes likes this.
  2. fsi22
    Got the ER2XR a few months back. They've become my daily use iem.Good cable, excellent build and have a sound that I thoroughly enjoy.

3. guicnovaes
    Very Nice, man. I hope you enjoy it.

4. Chaz1952
    I was wondering if the Shure "Olive" ear-tips (with the integrated wax guard) would attenuate dynamics or affect timbre/frequency response?
    Has anyone ever done any measurements (or know where I could look info up myself) comparing tips? I've read Tyll's article on Inner Fidelity (2012) regarding Comply foam tips vs Etymotic tips, but am specifically wondering about the grey "screen" on the Shures. Are they acoustically transparent?
    Thanks!

5. SteveOliver
    I don't have any measurements, only my ears, but I had no issues with the Shure Olive tips. I used to use these all the time the only problem I had with them was their shorter life compared to silicon tips.

I've now re-descovered the Spinfit CP-800 (M and L), and these are now the ones I use with Shure and Westone, for me there is no difference in sound but with the tip/IEM swapping I do I've never managed to actually wear out a set of silicon tips.

6. headenvelopedinsound
    Anyone have experience with making DIY custom molds for their Eyts? I've done the Radians custom mold process before for shallow/semi shallow fit IEMs with great success. However I am not sure about doing that deep insertion.

Alternatively anyone know a good go to for people in the USA to get something similar to Snuggs?

7. Ocelitgol
    Hi everyone,

Just wanna ask for quick input, how does ER2XR compare to the current Chi-Fi flavors (under $500)?

8. redrol
    better than most, tonality is spot on.

guicnovaes likes this.
  9. headenvelopedinsound
    There are a whole lotta flavors out there in ChiFi land. But I would agree with redrol above. For DF Neutral with some bass elevation under $500 the only one I can think of is something like the Tanchjim Oxygen or Moondrop KXXS that'd be close to the same kind of sound signature. I am curious to see what what the Blessing mk2 will be like, it should be in that price range as well. Keep an eye on Amazon and you'll be able to snag an ER2XR for around $112(amazon warehouse)/$125 new. If you have not got that set you'd be hard pressed to find better for that price with that sound signature.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  10. bcaulf17
    Did the box design for the ER4XR change too? It looks more similar to the ER2 except black instead of white. But I can’t find any images online. I had a pair picked up from Best Buy and it has a black box with red text.

11. Ocelitgol
    I'd love to hear some comparison with Moondrop A8, KXXS, and Blon 03 :)

12. headenvelopedinsound
    Well honestly if you don’t have the BLON yet just go find it for $25 and look at the others while you get some use out of the BLONs. I don’t have the A8 and honestly I don’t think it really a fair comparison as that is an 8 BA set vs single DD. Redrol can answer that though I am sure. BLON has more meat to the bass and some real sub bass thump. The vocals on the BLON are slightly subdued and slightly less natural. But there are some nice details in the treble. The ER2XR are my preferred of the two but the BLON is my new favorite for exercise, yard work, and biking. But seriously just pick up the BLON as a curiosity and look at the others a bit to find a good fit. I don’t think any of those you listed would disappoint you. If you hang loose and see what people start saying about the Moondrop S8 you may be happier bidding your time to save up for that one.

13. K3cT
    I've compared them with the KXXS and on purely sonics alone I would pick the ER2XR but then when you consider you don't need ear-raping deep insertion to get optimal sound out of the Moondrop, how handsome they look and ease of getting aftermarket cables then suddenly the KXXS becomes a more sensible proposition.

14. Moses Kwon
    I have ER4 XR. I like everything about ER4XR except for one thing. I need 2.5 balanced cable, but I can't find it. I don't think Etymotic makes 2.5 balanced cable. Can anyone tell me how or where I can find this cable? Thank you in advance.

15. headenvelopedinsound
    Here is your solution. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...0.0&pvid=f60547d7-9fc3-4a51-8a35-136b0cf16929

I know people have said others on headfi make them as well. There are a few options in varying price ranges on Ali.

bcaulf17 likes this.
First

Back
954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963
965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974
Next

Last