1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...

First

Back
891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900
902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911
Next

Last
  1. AudioNoob
    Try shure olives, they are pretty smooth.

2. ClieOS Contributor
    I used it without any problem and it was recommended by an audiologist - whether it is inner ear or outer ear, I reckon it is still skin. Of course you want to keep it to a tiny amount.

3. ClieOS Contributor
    DSC_0193-1.jpg

Haven't listened to ER4P for awhile.

4. rbf1138
    I ordered Eargene but I also spoke with my mom, an audiologist, and she recommended trying this lubricant called Oto-ease. I just ordered a bottle of both from Amazon, and I'll let you know if either of them works.

5. episiarch Contributor
    Oto-ease is good. There's also Otoferm which is more of a cream or ointment.

6. manthisis
    Anybody happen to have measurements overlaying the ER2SE, ER4S(R), and ER4XR? Curious to see how the 2SE compares to the other two in FR.

AudioNoob likes this.
  7. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    My preferred way of wearing the Etys... small regular silicone eartips for larger IEM tubes fitted on the Etys over de-cored Complys as "adapter"
    LRM_EXPORT_58491636651219_20190610_094417884.jpeg
    In truth I'd like to find a pair of single flanges that fit directly over the Etys and fit as deep or deeper as this mishmash, but so far I've drawn a blank. I had a pair of Shures but those had a stiffened up front end that is no narrower in diameter (my ear canals are tiiiiny). With the right single flanges from the right pair of regular IEMs (and here the choice is limitless) this feels the smoothest to my ear going in as deep as they can go.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  8. WhatToChoose
    Perhaps you could try Westone Star Tru-Fit tips (I think that's what they are called). Single flange, multiple sizes. Might be worth a shot?

9. WhatToChoose
    I experienced itchiness and irritation for about the first month of using the Etymotics (deep insertion triple flanges), but eventually it went away. I guess the canal skin needed time to adjust.

10. JohnYang1997
    deleted

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  11. JohnYang1997
    It's warmer than black shure, reduce a bit of highs. Bass becomes more weighty. It's very suitable to er4b but is too muffled for er4sr/xr.

WhatToChoose likes this.
  12. HAL9002
    Just replaced the connnectors on a KZ bluetooth setup with Etymotic ER4P plugs. Took about an hour and cost about $25 (both parts from AliExpress). Great thing about the KZ bluetooth cable is that it supports APTX. Sounds great, listening to them now!

HAMS likes this.
  13. manthisis
    I notice that the volume seems to "increase" when I use the foamies vs using the triflanges on my ER2. The triflanges give a great seal (can't hear a thing) but are still a tick or two below in perceived volume compared to the foams. Is there any reason why? I don't feel any particular amount of pressure in my ears when using the triflanges.

14. panasonicst60
    I think it all comes down to the seal you get inside the ear canal. Foam is superior when it comes to isolating noise. Better noise isolation equals higher volume and a bit more bass.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  15. AudioNoob
    Sounds like an insertion depth difference which is more than whether you have a seal or not

First

Back
891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900
902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911
Next

Last