If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Sep 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #396 of 19,241
This hasn't been mentioned much, but with the recent talk of other IEMs people use alongside their ER-4s, which of them have the slender barrel and deep fit the ER's offer?

For me, this is a big deal because other IEM's I've tried are larger and don't fit as deeply or as snugly. Some touch parts of the outer ear and cause pressure/pain after a while, or just feel uncomfortable. With the ERs, I simply forget they're even in there with that snug seal.

Sep 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #397 of 19,241
Quote:
This hasn't been mentioned much, but with the recent talk of other IEMs people use alongside their ER-4s, which of them have the slender barrel and deep fit the ER's offer?

For me, this is a big deal because other IEM's I've tried are larger and don't fit as deeply or as snugly. Some touch parts of the outer ear and cause pressure/pain after a while, or just feel uncomfortable. With the ERs, I simply forget they're even in there with that snug seal.

there is the kipsch. But the problem with almost all deep IEM fits is the microphonic. I was able to reduce it by using the foam tip which came with the ER4S, however the triple flange is just way too much microphonics. 

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #398 of 19,241
Quote:
there is the kipsch. But the problem with almost all deep IEM fits is the microphonic. I was able to reduce it by using the foam tip which came with the ER4S, however the triple flange is just way too much microphonics. 

I have never liked flange tips. Something about the rubber - I don't like the feel of it. Comply's all the way for me.

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #399 of 19,241
I use x10 on the side. I do not think microphonics is that bad. But the cable is very fragile, but that's another story...

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #402 of 19,241
Yeah idk why I even said that. Only downside I've found with these (if you can even call it a downside) is that the isolation is so good, people try talking to me and I can't hear a thing they're saying. Then I have to take them out of my ears to hear what useless bs this person is telling me, and then put them back in perfectly like they were ugghhhh. The inconvenience! 

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #403 of 19,241
The triple flange last me 6-8 months, based on 1-2 hours of average usage a day. On the other hand the lovely foam that etymotic offer lasts me 1-2 months. I think I should look into custom tips for this.
And I think the obvious follow up is anyone has tried the custom tips, do they like it?

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #404 of 19,241
Quote:
The triple flange last me 6-8 months, based on 1-2 hours of average usage a day. On the other hand the lovely foam that etymotic offer lasts me 1-2 months. I think I should look into custom tips for this.
And I think the obvious follow up is anyone has tried the custom tips, do they like it?

How do the triple flange last only 6 months for you? They should last much longer than that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back