If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Nov 20, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #15,796 of 19,241
Really annoying despite the fire sales for the ER4SR & ER4XR. It hard to be to fan of the ER4 without people who never tried it got "But everyone says the XR is <1%?" And then get flamed when it called out. Just been reading a thread somewhere else a poster keep saying that the $10 Sony MH755 better and then go of on how any headphone trash for being 1% distortion, that the fan must be faking enjoyment.

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #15,797 of 19,241
Really annoying despite the fire sales for the ER4SR & ER4XR. It hard to be to fan of the ER4 without people who never tried it got "But everyone says the XR is <1%?" And then get flamed when it called out. Just been reading a thread somewhere else a poster keep saying that the $10 Sony MH755 better and then go of on how any headphone trash for being 1% distortion, that the fan must be faking enjoyment.
You can easily troll by saying that since no other in ear goes that deep then ear canal itself adds too much thd. So thd of other hps is way higher at the eardrum. Anyway, i think you should not be this agitated :) .

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #15,798 of 19,241
You can easily troll by saying that since no other in ear goes that deep then ear canal itself adds too much thd. So thd of other hps is way higher at the eardrum. Anyway, i think you should not be this agitated :) .

Nah, just burnt out by 3 sites talking about a subject they clearly don't understand and lash out when caught. Since they love living Etymotic head rent free for about 4 years since the ER4 refresh, while shilling legit garbage I sold years ago to fund me getting the ER4SR when my ER4PT cable broke. It why I moved here since it was the only bit I could get legit info on the ER4.

Had some legit nasty comment's that wen't too far which is why I'm kinda edgy. All that because the ER4SR does what planar & HD800S tout but at $280(currently). lol

The toxicity in this community can get a bit much sometimes. Not everyone cares about Summit fi gear since the performance you can get for $350 is insane nowadays.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #15,799 of 19,241
Nah, just burnt out by 3 sites talking about a subject they clearly don't understand and lash out when caught. Since they love living Etymotic head rent free for about 4 years since the ER4 refresh, while shilling legit garbage I sold years ago to fund me getting the ER4SR when my ER4PT cable broke. It why I moved here since it was the only bit I could get legit info on the ER4.

Had some legit nasty comment's that wen't too far which is why I'm kinda edgy. All that because the ER4SR does what planar & HD800S tout but at $280(currently). lol

The toxicity in this community can get a bit much sometimes. Not everyone cares about Summit fi gear since the performance you can get for $350 is insane nowadays.

I am actually curious if anyone else attempted making deep insertion IEMs.

Nov 20, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #15,801 of 19,241
I'm still trying to look for Etymotic black foams for sale anywhere else other than the USA ... surely there has to be a shop in Europe which stocks them?

I used to buy all my Etymotic stuff from Thomann, but their selection now excludes the black tips

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #15,802 of 19,241
I'm still trying to look for Etymotic black foams for sale anywhere else other than the USA ... surely there has to be a shop in Europe which stocks them?

I used to buy all my Etymotic stuff from Thomann, but their selection now excludes the black tips
Try messaging Thomann. Have you tried yellow ones that Thomann has?Otherwise, ebay is a faster option. Or you can get something compatible like Shure or Comply.

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #15,804 of 19,241
I think these were developed by ety team. At least image series were.

Klipsch? Not by Ety AFAIK. It was done in house by Klipsch own engineering team as I remember they used to post related info in the forum like pictures of the custom driver they developed in house in the early days.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #15,805 of 19,241
I saw the accessories and the 2,5 balanced cable was selling for 38 dollars, now 48

Etymotic just officially announced Black Friday 30% off site-wide.

Earlier, it was probably a mistake as there was a further 30% discount applied to the current "Special Price". I wonder if they honoured the price for those people who bought within the few hours before they realised and fixed it.

Nov 21, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #15,806 of 19,241
Klipsch? Not by Ety AFAIK. It was done in house by Klipsch own engineering team as I remember they used to post related info in the forum like pictures of the custom driver they developed in house in the early days.
Thanks for the correction.

Nov 21, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #15,810 of 19,241
There was a thread but it full of "It outdated because Single BA!" comments. Bit like people going ER2XR > ER4XR despite the ER2 losing hard to detail/decay to the ER4.
I was convinced my ER4s were better than my ER2s but recently the natural timbre and fuller body of the ER2 DD is hard to ignore.

What etymotic have done with single drivers is amazing in either case and I pick whichever one I think will suit the music I am listening to at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back