If you REALLY like the FX67, is there an obvious upgrade to buy?
Aug 11, 2011 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scuttle

500+ Head-Fier
I'm one of those people - like Katun - who REALLY like the sound the 67 makes. More than my Ety HF5s in my case. This is probably a pointless and masochistic question, as well as an expensive one, but given the above - and that I'm using a Cowon J3 and listening mostly to FLAC high bit rate Ogg and MP3s and every type of music - is there an obvious HF5-priced super-67 I should try? Something that fits in the same way and has a similar sound, but is just substantially better???

I'd especially like to hear from people who also like the 67 - I suspect that IEM choice is at least as much dependent on personal taste (and maybe physiology) as any absolute qualities.

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 3
I personally use the GR07 for home use and the Fx67 for gym use...they are a pretty nice compliment to each other.  Obviously the GR07 is 10x more expensive and it's quite a bit more capable, but I'm not using a 170 dollar earphone at the gym so I searched far and wide to find a nice compliment.  I've also got a pair of Soundmagic e30 on order which are supposed to be similar as well and at $40 they are about the top of the gym-use budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back