If you listen to music with foobar or winamp, try this!
May 21, 2005 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Feanor

1000+ Head-Fier
You should try AVS out. It is an incredible visualization application. You can use it in foobar with the bacon plugin, and it is included in the newer winamps by default. You can find AVS presets on the winamp site, deviantart and whyeye. There are some real beauties out there, I recommend presets by EL-vis, and the Visbot group. The great thing is that it is pretty easy to make your own presets, I have been fooling around quite a lot with this. Also, with win2k and xp, you can set avs to display itself in the desktops background, and that can lead to some serious jaw-dropping. Some more info on Avs here.

EDIT: Uploaded some I made!

May 21, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 19
Uploaded a few presets I made, You'll have to unzip them into the winamp/plugins/avs directory. They work with my avs, which is the newest with a few ape's. I hope they also work on other computers.

May 21, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 19
Hey, I just saw you can edit presets with milkdrop too.

Milkdrop does look good, and is way faster than avs, but what I have seen of it seems simpler [the render part. the movement is very well done] than some of the better done presets in avs. Look at some of EL-VIS's superscopes, those things are exquisite.

May 21, 2005 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 19
Here are three of mine:
AVS1.jpg

AVS2.jpg

AVS4.jpg

the last one draws lissajouis curves depending on where your mouse is.
biggrin.gif

And here is one from EL-VIS:

AVS3.jpg

Sadly, I cannot capture them as desktop backgrounds, because I get a black background then.

EDIT: And obviously, these things are meant to move to a beat, so they look better that way (I hope
tongue.gif
).

May 21, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 19
There have been a bunch of new visualizations for media players but Climax is still my favorite. I don't know if you can use it with foobar though, as I still use Winamp.

May 23, 2005 at 9:21 AM Post #9 of 19
AVS is cool, I don't use much in the way of visualisations anymore. My unfufilled wish was that AVS would become hardware accelerated.
frown.gif

Also Super cool bpm analyser that can scan your library and save bpm stats to file so that AVS could get some beat down from the get go rather than detecting it over and over again.

May 23, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #11 of 19
Hmm... Do people really use those visualizations?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #13 of 19
yeah when installing bacon i need to create a dir called winamp and in that dir i need to make a text document and rename it to winamp.exe but when i rename it it still reads it as a text document, how do i fix this?

^EDIT- Problem Fixed

May 24, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
AVS1.jpg

something about this reminds me of a very disturbing image

May 24, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp
something about this reminds me of a very disturbing image

LMAO

Users who are viewing this thread