If you have Grados and need a case
Mar 1, 2006 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

solbergg

100+ Head-Fier
No, I don't have the Taiwan ones available, but I did take a chance on the ones offered by www.goodcans.com I was somewhat skeptical of the headphone bags that they offered, because the pictures weren't very revealing. After having a very good first ordering experience with them, I decided to go ahead an d give the case a shot. They sell three different sizes - I ordered the 10" x 10" medium version, which fits Grado's perfectly. They also have a smaller and a larger size bag as well.

Judging by the picture on their website, I was half expecting the case to be a thin, cloth-like material that was really only useful for preventing my SR-60's from getting dusty. Instead I got an extremely high quality, tough bag. The outside is a very rugged, yet smooth canvas. The closest material comparison I can make is to the pair of Marmot ski pants that I own. The inside of the bag has a well sewn strip of velcro to close it up, and a very soft, but thick fleece lining.

I am in no way connected with Goodcans.com, I just thought it would be good to let all the Grado owners out there know about a great way to protect their beloved headphones. I can try to take some better pictures if anyone shows a lot of interest.

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #2 of 21
I'd like to see some pics if convenient for you. Thanks.

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #3 of 21
I'd like a picture also.

I too just boght the SR60's(remember?). I'd love to have a good case for them!

-Danny
eggosmile.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 21
Yes, pictures would be really really nice. Many people are looking for a decent bag.

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 21
That is also were I ordered my Grado's...I highly recomend the site and the bag. I am not at home right now but when I get home I will try to get some pics up for ya'll
smily_headphones1.gif

The bag has a real nice fit and finish, the outside is a gray ripstop like nylon, the inside is padded and covered with a nice black felt...also has a nice velcro closure and a small plastic clip to hang them. Needless to say I am happy with the bacg.

(O also made in the USA yet another plus)

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #7 of 21
I'm interested in the medium-size bag to use with the RS-1, if anyone has photos. The large size bag would also be good for the K701, HD650, DT880, ATH-AD2000.

I use the Taiwan black zipper cases with the RS-1, HF-1 and ATH-ES7. The RS-1 is a bit too big for the case and its bowl pads become compressed.

Mar 1, 2006 at 8:02 AM Post #9 of 21
Looks good, thanks c0mfortably_numb. The velcro closure is suitable for the way I store headphones in cloth bags; I don't put the cord inside the bag, in order to reduce the likelihood of the cord or plug scratching the headphone.

The small size 8x8 seems like it would fit the Sennheiser HD25-1.

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #10 of 21
Nice! Too bad they don't do business with international customers. Also, velcro has a limited life. If they could do a zipper version than I would definitely be in for one! Thanks for sharing.

I believe there were some other cases mentioned on this forum a while ago. I'll come back to you when I find pictures and info.

Mar 1, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #11 of 21
yeah, I would also be interested if they would deliver internationally. Shame.

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:13 PM Post #12 of 21
thanks for the pics. I'm international so I guess that rules me out...but it looks like a nice bag.

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #14 of 21
Will the large size fit Audio Technicas? I am looking for a bag that will fit my A900s. The Headroom bag houses it too tightly.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #15 of 21
The thread you're thinking of can be found with "grado case", I was just researching yesterday and found it. Seems like the "best" option is a clone of the Bose QC2 pouch which can be bought from an Asian website - there was talk of a group buy (mind you this is an old thread) but I never searched to see if that actually happened. An alternative is to order a Bose case and just remove that nasty logo
biggrin.gif

There were also some hard cases shown like small gun cases and project cases. Certainly gives lots of additional ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back