If you hated the Cardas Smurf Blue cable color...
Apr 5, 2006 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Todd R

Headphoneus Supremus
it's gone!

I just opened my latest shipment from Cardas and was surprised to see the Sennheiser headphone cable is now in a light gray jacket with light silver lettering.
A call to Cardas confirmed the wire inside is the same, just a new jacket color. I was told the 10 ft cables are all gray now, but if you must have blue, there are still 15 & 20 ft cables available in blue while supplies last.

Just felt like sharing today....
nosmurf2.JPG

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 34
Bue is special, but I like the gray too, wouldn't be disappointed with either truthfully...
Slade

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #6 of 34
Oh sweet, I'm a huge fan of the grey. I've always wanted to try a Cardas cable for my Senns, so now I can order one without being worried about getting ridiculed by my friends for having a "gay blue cable".

Apr 6, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 34
But now it's going to look just like the pricey Cardas Neutral Reference!

Apr 6, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
But now it's going to look just like the pricey Cardas Neutral Reference!

I can see where you're going with that...

I predict Placebo Wars will commence fairly soon
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 6, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
I can see where you're going with that...

I predict Placebo Wars will commence fairly soon
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'll start! (even thought i actually havn't heard it)
the new one is amazing, so much better than the blue, non reference cable. the sound is faster, there is more resolution, the mids are sweeter and it feels like the sound hasn't been altered or degraded (like the last cardas cable). this is infinitely better than the Zu, Equinox, or Blue/Silver dragon... i dare suggest that it is better than any cable ever made...it has to be, it's a neutral refernce! and for this price i can't see why every sennheiser owner doesn't have one.

seriously: i like the color, it matches the HD650 much better.

Apr 6, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
I'll start! (even thought i actually havn't heard it)
the new one is amazing, so much better than the blue, non reference cable. the sound is faster, there is more resolution, the mids are sweeter and it feels like the sound hasn't been altered or degraded (like the last cardas cable). this is infinitely better than the Zu, Equinox, or Blue/Silver dragon... i dare suggest that it is better than any cable ever made...it has to be, it's a neutral refernce! and for this price i can't see why every sennheiser owner doesn't have one.

seriously: i like the color, it matches the HD650 much better.

You forgot to ad it is better than balanced!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back