If you had $600 to $900 to blow...
May 4, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #31 of 33
hehe i'll keep that in mind!

But before playing with tubes i think I'll be playing around with aftermarket power cords and sending it back to Mikhail for the upgraded parts, which can possibly leave me no choice but to live in a cardboard box out here in Westwood by August hahah!
icon10.gif

May 4, 2004 at 11:02 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyHOEZ
...i've went balls out...i've placed an order for the stock singlepower MPX-3 amplifier...it should arrive within two to three weeks. thanks so much everyone for your input--I greatly appreciate it (although my wallet is still in a state of shock
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Congtrats on your purchase!
icon10.gif
Now all you need is a sylvania VT-231 for the input tube.
wink.gif

May 17, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #33 of 33
ahh ladies and gentlemen...i'm COUNTING down the days for the arrival of the stock MPX-3. Mikhail has notified me that my amp will ship tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Another thing - - he says that the amp comes with Electro Hamonix 6SN7EH tubes...has anyone had any experiences with these? How do they compare with the puppies that sell for $60 to $70 a piece? I'm a total newbie to the sound of tube amps, and am very curious as to how much of a differnece premium tubes can affect the sound quality. My wallet is still hurting at the moment, but i'm sure i'll be mighty happy once this baby arrives in a few days!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back