If you don't listen to this, you have not heard music.
Feb 23, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 77
I am about to go listen but i am a little distracted by .... a ..... Duggeh .... uh ...i've never seen you like this.
regular_smile .gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #18 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much is shipping from MusicPlug in Australia to the US? I was going to order his solo album and "Live At St. Gallen".

EDIT: Looks like I need a region-free DVD player as well. Any suggestions for a good, reliable one for someone on a super budget?

I found LASG on Amazon delivered for under $20. It is new. Vendor iswestendentertainment I've dealt w/ them before comes in about 2 weeks from Australia.

I can't help you on the region free dvd player.

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #19 of 77
No customs fees with that vendor?

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #20 of 77
Thread title is teh sux. Thread marketing is teh sux. It's childish and offensive.

JBT is cool. I recommend the early albums John Butler and Three, personally, as after that the music seemed to get more self absorbed and less good (imo).

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #24 of 77
Ocean was a tune JBT would play while busking. He plays it differently each time apparently. It's on his self-titled album I think. The live version is certainly one of the most intense guitar solos I've ever heard. Though not quite the same, Jeff Buckley's "The Way Young Lovers Do" Live at the Bataclan is on the same level as an intense performance.

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #25 of 77
I usually take threads like this with a grain of salt (especially on Head-Fi... no offense) but wow, that was fantastic. I got chills.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #26 of 77
Very talented guitarist but the music I can take or leave. Is the warbling effect an artifact or deliberate ?

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #28 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually take threads like this with a grain of salt (especially on Head-Fi... no offense) but wow, that was fantastic. I got chills.

X2

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #29 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_charles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very talented guitarist but the music I can take or leave.

Ya, that was sort of my reaction. I'm not surprised by the post about suggesting that after a couple of albums, he became increasingly self involved...

If you want to hear some beautiful guitar work, check out George Harrison's work on Abbey Road sometime. Minimalist in a sense, but there simply is not a wasted note to be found anywhere. Everything is played masterfully and with tremendous emotion.

Thread marketing sucks IMO, but everyone has their own style.

Feb 24, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #30 of 77
I just felt the need to take the marketing approach because before when I posted artists such as Andrew Gorny and Matthew Santos, the threads were left with no replies. I guess it was sort of paranoia.

For those of you wondering, both can be found on Youtube. Andrew Gorny is similar to Michael Hedges, and Matthew Santos is like an acoustic Jeff Buckley (his singing is his strong point).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back