If you could only have ONE album....
Dec 8, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #36 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Jahn...is this the edition you're looking for?

Hmm nope - shoot I have to go home and take a pic of it!

Dec 8, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #37 of 94
The only way I judge music is to recognize my positive emotional reaction to it. At this point in my life the album I feel that best describes my greatest passion for music is “Ride The Lightning” by Metallica.
This is the album that makes me want to hold my fist in the air like a jackass. This is album that makes me drink my beer twice as fast. This is the album that makes me feel like I’m a 19-year-old kid again. This is the album that’s so damn good when I’m done listening to it I can’t stop shaking my head in amazement. This is album that I label one of the greatest.

Dec 9, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #40 of 94
Pink Floyd's Meddle, without if's, and's or but's.
Echoes would carry me through an eternity.

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:01 AM Post #41 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow
The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St
tongue.gif

You go, J3brow! I don't know if that would be my one album, but if I could keep fifteen. . . .

Dec 10, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #43 of 94
If you asked me another day I would probably choose a different album but today and many days I would pick "Remain In Light" by Talking Heads. Great, varied rhythms, excellent guitar, clever lyrics. I have always loved that album. ("Avalon" by Roxy Music and "Boys and Girls" by Bryan Ferry would be near the top of the list...)

BTW: Davy, that Telarc version of Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" was the first CD I ever bought...

Dec 10, 2005 at 6:58 AM Post #44 of 94
Ozzy Osbourne - Live and Loud

In fact, I have three opened (two 1995 remasters and one original first print) and two unopened (original first print) copies just in case the theroretical comes true
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #45 of 94
It's a really hard choice but I think I would go for :

Michael Jackson - History, Past, Present & Future (2CD)

Can't really get tired of his music. The first 2-3 months after I bought it I really didn't listen to anything else..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back