If you could only attend one concert in your life, which one would it be?
Apr 1, 2004 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

meech

500+ Head-Fier
You've got one ticket, for one live concert, of one band (artist), past or present.

Who's it gonna be?

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:45 AM Post #7 of 38
eyeteeth, i envy you, queen has been one of my favorite bands over the years and if you talk to a died in the wool queen fan they will emphatically say they stole the show and many consider it there best performance of their career, no lights, no soundcheck, no rehearsal, just raw rock power, and radio gaga just blew the house down.

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #8 of 38
Pink Floyd........with both Waters and Gilmour!

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:31 AM Post #10 of 38
I ditto Pink Floyd. A 77 or 78 show.
poster5.jpg

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #11 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
radiohead with an opening from sigur ros.

You do know both bands performed live at BAM with the Merce Cunnningham Dance Co. in Fall 2003, yes? Tickets were $80, a gala event. And Cunningham was John Cage's lifetime partner. How's that for music royalty?

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #12 of 38
I saw the Merce Cunningham dance company perform 2 nights recently in Ann Arbor. Fantastic shows.

Probably my favorite show I've actually seen would be Broken Social Scene in Chicago.

Show I'd most like to see in history... hmm... Led Zeppelin at a show in their prime. That would be amazing. Or maybe a Pavement show, the last one.

RL

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:58 AM Post #15 of 38
easy.

James Brown, live at the Apollo Theater, 1963.

which, coincidentally, is being rereleased as the original concert recording complete and intact for the first time (no stupid canned audience overdubs). Definately a must-buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back