if i want to buy another headphone which is different from what i got now, what will you recommand ??? 200-300 dollars
Sep 10, 2009 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

furyagain

500+ Head-Fier
i am a noob ,just started the exploration of headphones

got myself several headphones and i wonder, with these i got,
if i want another headphones which is different from what i already got...
( in sound charactistic) what else should i get ???

I already got myself mainly Beyerdynamic

DT-770 pro 80ohm
DT-880 pro
DT-990 pro ( should be here in days)

JVC HADX1
HArx-700
( also have HARX-900,, going to sell it to my friend)

so what else should i get ???
and why ?

Sep 10, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 37
You've pretty much thrown it open to every headphone brand and model on the planet. What are you looking for?

And given you've got 2 good Beyers already, why get the 990? It's not an aquisition competition.

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #6 of 37
yea i want to try something new....

i keep on reading about the hd600-650 's smooth sound,

by the way , those JVC doesn't sound that good when coompare to those Beyerdynamic..

i am thinking about selling all three of them actually.
i bought those JVC just because they are cheap!!!
should i bother keeping any of them ?

the reason why i got all three DT
as they are all different....
open, semi open, closed..

i thought they can be used for different thing..

the dt-770 suppose to be good for regular gaming..
the dt-880 for competitive gaming.,
dt-990... some people said it is good for music..

so...if i sold all three JVC...
and want to get the fourth headphone...
and if i want something different from those three DT-770,880,990

which brand/model should i think about ?

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #7 of 37
Anything but a Beyer...which you appear to have bought because other people have said they're good for this or that. You've got them - don't you have an opinion of your own? And there's a difference between 'regular' and 'competitive' gaming that requires two headphones? That doesn't make sense; if the 880 is good for 'competitive' gaming, then it's got 'regular' covered as well, surely?

Seriously, you haven't even said what you using them for, or what gear you're plugging them into. If you're only gaming, then there's simply no point in a buying anything else - you've already overkilled that area with the two Beyer's.

Aside from that, you should tell people what music you listen to, and what exactly you're looking to hear - then you might get something useful to work with.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #8 of 37
regular gaming is more like movies...

BOOM is a good thing = bass

but competitive gaming is more like you just want to know where your enemy comes from, no need to hear the bass his gun/grenade generated

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #9 of 37
How about...you sell all the headphones except the DT990 and then get a Sennheiser HD600? I like to keep headphones that have noticeably different flavors. If they sound too similar, I either give them away or sell them. My other question right now is...do you have an amp? I don't recall you having one from your previous posts.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #10 of 37
oo sorry

at home i will just plug them into my forte 7.1 sound card which come with onboard headphones amp. ( don't even need to go over 24% volume with the dt-880 pro)

when i am at work/ away from home i currenly have a N10J netbook from asus.
and i just got a Ibasso D10 for this use.

i don't usually listen to music. before...
mainly for gaming / movies..

but somehow,, after michael jackson died,
i actually listen to his music. and now others...
I am chinese, who do like asia pop.
and i do enjoy some classic / jazz too

I HATE HEAVY METAL!!!!!! or ROCK!!

sorry i am noob..
plz don't hate me...
dt880smile.png

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about...you sell all the headphones except the DT990 and then get a Sennheiser HD600? I like to keep headphones that have noticeably different flavors. If they sound too similar, I either give them away or sell them. My other question right now is...do you have an amp? I don't recall you having one from your previous posts.

i havn't tried the 990 yet

but the DT-880 pro does sound different from the 770/80ohm

the 770 does have more bass...
and i do like it only 80ohm so i can use it outside my home easy....

so the 990 does sound close to 880??

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #12 of 37
Alright, as a fellow Chinaman, I guess I can understand your situation. I had the same "gotta catch em all" deal going with the RX700, RX900, DX1, DX3 because they were cheap. However, I realized that once I heard enough headphones and knew what they're all about, I found that I personally have too many. There's no point in keeping a lot of headphones and well, I frequent two locations (home and college) so I don't like to bring full-sized headphones everywhere. So that's why there are now two primary headphones for me. On campus, it's noisy so I took my closed headphones (JVC HA-DX3). At home, I have the Sennheiser HD595. On the go, I use my Westone UM1. At some point during the summer while I was in Shanghai, I realized that having four pairs of full-sized headphones was a stupid idea so I left one in China for my cousin. I still have the RX900 that needs to be sold but I think you get the idea. Get rid of the ones you don't listen to. Keep the ones you do. I recommend having a two headphone limit if you have one for on the go and another for home use.

I don't know if the DT990 sounds close to the DT880. That's your call.

At some point, a Chinaman has to stop being a packrat and learn to let go of the things he purchases.

Side note: I personally think Chinese pop is horrendous. It just screams repetitive and unoriginal.
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, as a fellow Chinaman, I guess I can understand your situation. I had the same "gotta catch em all" deal going with the RX700, RX900, DX1, DX3 because they were cheap. However, I realized that once I heard enough headphones and knew what they're all about, I found that I personally have too many. There's no point in keeping a lot of headphones and well, I frequent two locations (home and college) so I don't like to bring full-sized headphones everywhere. So that's why there are now two primary headphones for me. On campus, it's noisy so I took my closed headphones (JVC HA-DX3). At home, I have the Sennheiser HD595. On the go, I use my Westone UM1. At some point during the summer while I was in Shanghai, I realized that having four pairs of full-sized headphones was a stupid idea so I left one in China for my cousin. I still have the RX900 that needs to be sold but I think you get the idea. Get rid of the ones you don't listen to. Keep the ones you do. I recommend having a two headphone limit if you have one for on the go and another for home use.

I don't know if the DT990 sounds close to the DT880. That's your call.

At some point, a Chinaman has to stop being a packrat and learn to let go of the things he purchases.

Side note: I personally think Chinese pop is horrendous. It just screams repetitive and unoriginal.
tongue.gif

I know exactly what you mean. Gotta catch me all syndrome. Didn't even get my HF-2's in the door and I wanted to order HD800's. Don't even have an amp to power 800's and I wanted to buy them. Gotta slow yourself down, and appreciate what you already own.

Sep 11, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotta slow yourself down, and appreciate what you already own.

Hearing you say that puts such a smile on my face. I dig ya ABathingApe.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #15 of 37
I would definitely say try a Grado or Sennheiser. They're the bread and butter of Head-Fi, in my opinion. HD600 or RS-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back