If i like Tri-I3, which should i like even more?
Dec 6, 2020 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Connes

New Head-Fier
Hi there,
so fare i tested ctm320, Fiio FH5, FiioFA7, shozy 1.1 and tri-I3. The ctm320 and both Fiios have to little bass for my taste. Shozy 1.1 is ok, the Tri-I3 is better. The Tri-I3 seems to be more detailed in every area compared to the shozy. So the I3 are currently my favourite.

I was hoping u could hint to others in ears that could compare to the I3. :pray:
Pricerange up to 300 :money_with_wings:.

mfg
Connes

Dec 6, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi there,
so fare i tested ctm320, Fiio FH5, FiioFA7, shozy 1.1 and tri-I3. The ctm320 and both Fiios have to little bass for my taste. Shozy 1.1 is ok, the Tri-I3 is better. The Tri-I3 seems to be more detailed in every area compared to the shozy. So the I3 are currently my favourite.

I was hoping u could hint to others in ears that could compare to the I3. :pray:
Pricerange up to 300 :money_with_wings:.

mfg
Connes

You might wanna check out these stuff:

1) LZ A7 - slightly more than $300 but frequently is cheaper than that when on sale. It has 10 tuning options (Via tuning switches and tuning nozzles) from neutralish to U shaped to V shaped, so extremely versatile. Easier to drive than TRI I3, better fit and isolation and better technicalities and timbre.

The TRI I3 has poorer details, less instrument separation, poorer imaging and clarity even when amped. The TRI I3 also has a higher treble bordering on dark, and perhaps wouldn’t be a good option for trebleheads, whereas the LZ A7 has better treble extension and airiness, especially on the silver/blue tuning nozzles.

For the mids, the TRI I3 has lusher and thicker mids (when the planars are amped), but the mids ain’t as transparent as the LZ A7. Bass wise, the TRI I3 is more midbass focused, compared to the subbass focused LZ A7 (on most tuning configs), but the bass quality is not as fast on the TRI I3.

The TRI I3 is famous for having a holographic 3D soundstage at the $150 USD price bracket (when amped). The LZ A7 actually has better width and depth in soundstage, but loses a tinge to the TRI I3 in the height department.

2) Audiosense T800 - $298 USD, 8 knowles BA set. Mild V shaped, much better isolation (almost 30 dB passive isolation), better technicalities than the TRI I3. May be a bit bright, so not the best if you are treble sensitive. The treble can be tamed via knowles filters, sources or eartip changes. It is also rather source picky due to the very low 9ish impedance, so it pairs better with sources with output impedance < 1 ohm. Very fun sounding. The BA bass sounds like a DD bass in the T800 due to vented subwoofers, so you won't miss anything in the bass.

Dec 6, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #3 of 4
Thx for the tipps. LZ A7 were already on my watchlist, i added the T800 as well. Both are currently not available via amazon or other vendors that ship to germany and offer full refund on return. :rolling_eyes:
Seems i have to be patient.

mfg
Connes

Dec 6, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #4 of 4
I got to admit, that the prospect of 10 tuning options with the LZ A7 do scare me a bit... :scream: :scream:
How do the shozy 1.4 fit in this comparison? I read somewhere the comment that they rank between the ISN H40 and the I3, whatever that is supposed to mean.

mfg
Connes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back