1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IEMs with similar sound as the Etymotic hf5?

1. yliu
    I have the hf5 for a year now, and I love the sound. The few downsides is that the cable has too much memory, and the fit is not so comfortable.

So do you guys know another IEM with a sound signature similar to the hf5?

If not, I think I'll just buy the hf3. 

2. Marcus_C
    How do you reduce your problems with the hf5 by getting the hf3? They're the same fit. Iem's with a similar sound to the hf5 is pretty much limited to other ety's, which have the same fit problems. I went to the w2 from the hf5 and it solved all my fit problems and gave a bit more bass. Maybe ck10 is one to look out for, though I haven't heard that one, it's just piquing my interest more every time I read about it.

3. yliu

Quote:

Those problems are really minor, so what I meant that my want to get the hf3 for the controls, and just in case my hf5 fails.

4. yliu
    I am working hard to get the ck10s but I just can't find a retailer that has it.

5. kmhaynes
    I haven't tried too many other phones that rival or compete with the HF5 (maybe the Phonak PFE?), but if I lost/broke my HF5, I would immediately replace them with HF5. 

For comfort, the HF3/5 with Shure "Olive" tips (black foam) are an extremely comfortable fit in the ear -- doesn't require the deepest insertion possible to get good isolation and sound -- the foam fills all the weird shapes of the ear canal -- i can use them for hours.

6. Marcus_C

Quote:

Where abouts are you?

7. yliu
    Central Europe...

8. Marcus_C