IEMs with huge stage and holographic imaging
Jul 29, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #17 of 72
People may have heard different IEMS so you will get different feedback.

64 Audio Tia Fourté is probably the best IEM I heard in terms of big ethereal soundstage, but it is also well know for it. I compared it A/B with my Tia Trió, and Fourté's soundstage is clearly bigger.

The 64 Audio Nio also has a great very good soundstage, especially with the MX Module, probably "quite" bigger than Trió too (I need to A/B them with the MX module)

The Noble Katana also has very good soundstage.

A great bang for the buck sound wise (in general) and soundstage too is the Itsfit Fusion, competes with TOTL IEMS costing top dollar.

If (ethereal) soundstage is a priority and price is no object, Tia Fourté should be on your radar for sure.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #18 of 72
If price doesn't matter... Hands down the MMR Thummim offer the most uniquely large and spherical stage I have heard. It is unlike everything else I have come across.

Yeah this. Nothing I've heard in the IEM world comes close. I've owned the Solaris and it's good for stage but the Thummim is just insane in this regard

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #19 of 72
Hi guys, and girls of course. I'am searching for iems, that have a huge and massive stage and holographic three dimensional imaging. It must be some iems, where you can close your eyes while listening and you can "see" instruments floating around in a huge space. Left and right, back and forth, up and down and diagonal. The price doesn't matter. It can be anything from cheap to expensive. Please make a list. :)

Andromedas, Solaris, LCD i4, and maybe VX. U12T also for sure. I would say U12T does it best, then maybe LCDi4 after.

What you're describing is massive soundstage height, depth and width with very good separation + layering. You need to shell out $$ for that.

Aug 5, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #20 of 72
FLC8S.

Aug 5, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #21 of 72
It's alright. Compared to a Blessing 2, it's not as cleanly separated (not to imply it's a garbled mess, far from it). Where it shines though is the solo vocalist being more showcased and being more detailed.

Aug 7, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #25 of 72
My personal target 3 kHz gain is around 4 dB below Harman, so I don't really hear spacious soundstage on most IEMs. If I absolutely had to rank them, though, the QDC 8SL would be on top, with the #2 and #3 spots taken by the KZ ZS6 with Ostry OS100 tips and the CA Andromeda.

The VX is more depth than width, and the U12t and Harman-/DF-tuned Chinese IEMs stay in-head for me, albeit with solid imaging. I haven't tried any Audezes, the Solaris, or 64 Audio's hybrids, so I can't speak for them.

The 8SL does have genuinely impressive soundstage with a shallower insert instead of the intended deep fit, going up to nearly 1.5 head widths for me, but I wouldn't recommend it due to it making the sound too hollow.

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #28 of 72
I ordered the tri i3. I read some reviews and i assume, that you can't buy an iem with no larger and deeper stage for under 200 or maybe 300 bucks. I hope so. :)

It has one of the best soundstages for a closed back IEM at that price bracket in terms of height, width and depth, though it isn't the widest at the price range. But it is very smooth and coherent in tonality. It needs amping though for the huge soundstage and sweet planar mids to show up. With just a low powered source eg smartphone, it sounds pretty meh, the planar mids need some juice to wake up.

I think some open backed/vented sets in that price range may have comparable soundstages, though u get penalties in isolation.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #29 of 72
Very nice! I like it, when an iem sounds like you have a pair of speakers in front of you and the sound comes from the front, left and right of your ears and sometimes slightly on the back. Thats the ideal stage for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back