IEMS under 100$ to replace Brainwavz M1 - looking for good bass!!
Jun 30, 2015 at 7:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

todonegro

New Head-Fier
hello all, 

I have been following this forum for advice on audio gear for some time now, but this is the first time that I feel so confused that I really need to ask you directly.

I am looking for IEMs.
Let's say up to 100$ (it can be a little bit more if it is really worth it).
Comfortable, decent isolation and good bass.
For more insight on my sound taste: I love the Koss PortaPro, I was happy with the Brainwavz M1 until they stopped working and now I am using SoundMagic PL30 that sounds boring in comparison.

So I started reading threads and reviews trying to find what I am looking for... but I never thought that agreeing in what good bass is were so difficult!!

I have read that Shure SE215 has great bass and that it has no bass at all, some people say Vsonic VSD3 are bassy (besides fragile), others that they are overall okeyish, but that you should look somewhere else if you are looking for bass. Similar thing with the RHA MA750...

I saw the Xiaomi Piston, so cheap and with claimed good sound, but actually I would like to have an upgrade from the M1s and I don't know if the Pistons would really be an upgrade.

I also thought of the Fischer Audio Eterna, that were the basshead reference back in the day, would it be worth to buy them nowadays?

Any opinions will be appreciated!!

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 21
Even I am looking for similar earphone,in past I have used sennheiser cx 300 ,soundmagic e10, e10s, looking for an upgrade under 100 dollars,btw kindly let me know how does brainwavz m1 sound? Please let me know

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 21
I was really happy with the M1s! 
I would say that they are definitely bassy, but more detailed than the cx300 (I remember them being over-all dark... but I used them a long time ago, so not 100% sure)
I cannot compare with E10, because I haven't tried them, but if they are similar to PL30, I can tell you M1s are definitely funnier, v-shaped, call-it-what-you-want

Another good thing for me about the M1s is that they are small and comfortable, but of course this is a very subjective matter, even more than the sound! 

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 21
Even I am sooo much confused, some say shure se 215 are the best, some say no bass, no detail,some websites say brainwavz s1 are great, some say it's not great,

I am yet to choose between
1) sennheiser momentum in ears
2)brainwavz s1
3)brainwavz m3
4)shure se 215
5)klipsch image s4
As I am from india many earphones are not readily available..
I have already posted about this, I hope some one helps me out.

Thanks for the reply.

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 21
I actually had the M1 (I gave it to my aunt at one point) and, yeah, it's a great earphone in its own right.

If you're staying within the Brainwavz brand, the S5 is about the best you can get for bass. Strong, solid punches that hit home and hit hard. The S1 is also a good choice, but they don't have the impact of the S5s and sound softer and duller in comparison.

Hope this helps,
thatBeatsguy

Jul 1, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 21
  I actually had the M1 (I gave it to my aunt at one point) and, yeah, it's a great earphone in its own right.

If you're staying within the Brainwavz brand, the S5 is about the best you can get for bass. Strong, solid punches that hit home and hit hard. The S1 is also a good choice, but they don't have the impact of the S5s and sound softer and duller in comparison.

Hope this helps,
thatBeatsguy

ah, those S5s look good indeed, since I am already a fan of the Brainwavz sound... but the plane cable worries me, I like to wear the IEMs with the cable over the ear and I don't know if that would be comfortable with that cable

I have been reading really good reviews about "cheap" IEMs that tempt me to buy them just to try them: the already mentioned Pistons, Vsonic GR02 BE, TTPOD T1E BASS

My other option is to go directly to the top of my budget, and decide between the Shure SE215, Phonak Audeo PFE022, RHA MA750

Jul 1, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #8 of 21

ah, those S5s look good indeed, since I am already a fan of the Brainwavz sound... but the plane cable worries me, I like to wear the IEMs with the cable over the ear and I don't know if that would be comfortable with that cable

I have been reading really good reviews about "cheap" IEMs that tempt me to buy them just to try them: the already mentioned Pistons, Vsonic GR02 BE, TTPOD T1E BASS

My other option is to go directly to the top of my budget, and decide between the Shure SE215, Phonak Audeo PFE022, RHA MA750

The flat cable, believe it or not, actually works very well for wearing over-the-ear, as the cable lies flat when you wear it. They fit quite well actually, without falling out or anything. 

As for your plan, I agree with going straight to the top of your budget and look for the best ones you can there. I hear the MA750 is also a good IEM, although I'm only going from other people's impressions since I haven't heard the IEM yet. The T10i is, however, quite bassy and worth giving a try if you can stretch your budget that far. However, once you do reach that price range ($100-150) there are a lot of top-level competitors, one of which I've had the opportunity of trying for myself.

~ thatBeatsguy

Jul 2, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #11 of 21
Oh ya..sorry for the same question again.. if I wish to go for non brainwavz which is better, I previously owned a sony Ericsson k 750 phone. .till date that was the best sound I have heard, earphones which were provided inside the box were excellent too..but that's not 3.5 mm..one

Jul 2, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #12 of 21
Btw I have ipod shuffle and cowon I audio e3 I am not happy with sound quality of both of them..cowon is better sounding of both but sound output loudness is low...can u suggest one pump. .I use it primarily for gym..but sound quality is the most important factor..already wasted doo much money on this two..I regret buying both of them

Jul 2, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #13 of 21
Oh ya..sorry for the same question again.. if I wish to go for non brainwavz which is better, I previously owned a sony Ericsson k 750 phone. .till date that was the best sound I have heard, earphones which were provided inside the box were excellent too..but that's not 3.5 mm..one

Are you going for the same budget as the OP? 

Btw I have ipod shuffle and cowon I audio e3 I am not happy with sound quality of both of them..cowon is better sounding of both but sound output loudness is low...can u suggest one pump. .I use it primarily for gym..but sound quality is the most important factor..already wasted doo much money on this two..I regret buying both of them

Well, if you want a compact DAP, there's always the Sansa Clip+. It's one of the best ones you can buy for the gym, pretty much.

Jul 2, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #14 of 21
Budget under 150 dollars, I can use an arm band even if it's not compact or small,I liked cowon e3 but it's audio output is low..does sansa clip +sounds louder, since its for gym, already loud sound keeps coming from speakers installed in the gym, how about cowon I audio 9 ,there is open box sale..selling for 50 dollars. Sansa clip plus costs almost 70 dollars in india. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back