IEMs to compliment Grados
Apr 28, 2006 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gigit

100+ Head-Fier
So my portable rig is far from finished and im already upgrading what i already have.... im looking for IEMs that will compliment my grados. I listen to Rap and Jazz, im not very familiar with IEMs at all but i was looking at the ETY ER-4P or something maybe less expencive, I've done some searching and it looks like ETY's dont have much in the way of bass? is that easily fixable with an EQ setting (I have treble and bass control on my iRiver H320). Clear sound and descent responce at a good range of frequencies is important, i dont really care about soundstage all that much because most the music i listen to is mid-90's underground rap, which usualy isnt focused too much on that type of thing....

Apr 28, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 7
I'm a Grado lover, and have ER4p/s and E4cs. The Etys are way lean on bass stock, but if you use the yellow Shure foamy tips with it, it puts the Ety's soundholes closer to your ear. Now the bass matches the E4c, but everything else is more clear and detailed
smily_headphones1.gif

One of the keys to Grado presentation is putting you right up there on stage. I find that IEMs have a bit of this inherant, being so directly coupled closely to your ears. Thing is, I find it a little unnatural, hearing such a stark, pure single audio channel per each ear. Makes it a little hard for me to get lost in it the same way as with Grados (I ought get some crossfeed).

Apr 28, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdaq
I'm a Grado lover, and have ER4p/s and E4cs. The Etys are way lean on bass stock, but if you use the yellow Shure foamy tips with it, it puts the Ety's soundholes closer to your ear. Now the bass matches the E4c, but everything else is more clear and detailed
smily_headphones1.gif

One of the keys to Grado presentation is putting you right up there on stage. I find that IEMs have a bit of this inherant, being so directly coupled closely to your ears. Thing is, I find it a little unnatural, hearing such a stark, pure single audio channel per each ear. Makes it a little hard for me to get lost in it the same way as with Grados (I ought get some crossfeed).

sounds perfect.... now i just have to find a way to finance my new purchases along with tuition and books
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 28, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 7
Huge Grado lover here. I would suggest UE-10's if you have the money. If not, get the Shure E500's.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back