IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Mar 8, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #2,434 of 2,837
I just read that Average_Joe is getting some reshelled Triple Fi from another company. He should be able to compare them to some of his other customs. I don't think he has any from that list but he does have a few others so the comparison should give a general idea if the reshelled UEs are on par with "real" customs or not.

I think it is in the Kozee Sound thread but I'm too lazy to find it again, sorry.

Mar 11, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #2,435 of 2,837
they are busy. 

you won't hear from them unless you call. you'll get shipping confirmation when they ship. that's it.

it took 3 weeks for them to do the first fitting. it was bad, so i sent them right back. it took them a month to send them back (will get them next week). i'm anticipating them not being perfect again, but who knows. 

you must have a backup pair so you can forget about these for a good 90 days, imo.

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #2,436 of 2,837
Yeah it sounds like they're relly busy currently. I sent mine off on Feb 14th, and sent Kaysen an e-mail last Friday enquiring about their target date. She replied quickly but said they propably wont be done for another week or too. Unfortunatley this is my first and only pair of decent in-ears. The other pair that I had for stage use are awful for enjoying music so I'm stick with my over the ear HD280's for now.

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #2,437 of 2,837
Hi, I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I am brought back here because recently, my Q-jays went through the washer and dryer. I have tried them since then, and both channels worked, but after a few seconds, the right side went out. I am guessing this is because the cable has been damaged and both drivers are fine.

So, I am here because I do not really want to spend money on a new pair of IEMs and I want to salvage my Q-jays. Do you guys think it is worth it? And in the long run, will the drivers short out because of the fact that they went through the washer?

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #2,439 of 2,837
Any idea which is better: Shure 530 or UE TF10 (both remoulded) ? I see most reviews done around here saying that the 530s are not much different from the new 535 in terms of sound, so getting the 530s would be a more cost effective choice since its gonna be remoulded?

How about remoulding tf10s? Anyone knows remoulding tf10 or 530 is better? Thanks

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #2,440 of 2,837

Quote:
Any idea which is better: Shure 530 or UE TF10 (both remoulded) ? I see most reviews done around here saying that the 530s are not much different from the new 535 in terms of sound, so getting the 530s would be a more cost effective choice since its gonna be remoulded?

How about remoulding tf10s? Anyone knows remoulding tf10 or 530 is better? Thanks

A Triple sounds like a Triple after getting them shelled. A 530 sounds the same also. Ive been told the 530 and the 535 have the same signature but I dont know that for a fact. The Triple and the 530 are a total wash IMO. It comes down to preference of the sound signature. Neither is better and for me neither changed after moulding except for maybe very very minor differences that are typically over exaggerated commonly. Of course this is how I hear it.

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #2,441 of 2,837

Quote:
A Triple sounds like a Triple after getting them shelled. A 530 sounds the same also. Ive been told the 530 and the 535 have the same signature but I dont know that for a fact. The Triple and the 530 are a total wash IMO. It comes down to preference of the sound signature. Neither is better and for me neither changed after moulding except for maybe very very minor differences that are typically over exaggerated commonly. Of course this is how I hear it.

It appears the TF10's SS rely on how well they are tuned during the re-shell; or placement of the filters. average_joe noted the bass and mids have increased, but treble has taken a backstage on his re-shell. Mind you, that is coming from someone who happens to own two pairs of triple.fi's (one of them is untouched).
I will be sure to do a comparison when mine come back..

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #2,442 of 2,837

Quote:

Did/do you own both remoulded TF10 and 530? Do all remoulding companies reshell using a standard method/procedure? (UM, Fisher)  Or is shifting of filters etc during the remoulding process up to the discretion of each company? (not saying that shifting of anything is bad)

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #2,444 of 2,837
Does it normally take about a month to get them back?  I'm assuming they're just slammed with business...right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back