IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
May 10, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #1,891 of 2,837

Quote:
You could get it done without the UE11 cable on hand. Just specify to Kaysen that you will be using the UE11 cables at some point later so she can put the appropriate pin connector on the mold

would the ue11 cable not fit the trips without modification? i just ordered  the cable. Also have they finished moving yet? 

May 10, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #1,892 of 2,837

Quote:
would the ue11 cable not fit the trips without modification? i just ordered  the cable. Also have they finished moving yet? 

Not sure about the move in but let me start by saying that the Fisher cable and the UE stock cable use different connectors. I remember Fisher saying that they standardized the connectors and now both use the UE stock cable connector but I'm not too sure. I believe that the UE 11 cable uses the slightly bigger connector, ie the old Fisher connector. Again, someone please step in and correct me if I am wrong

May 10, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #1,893 of 2,837

Quote:
Not sure about the move in but let me start by saying that the Fisher cable and the UE stock cable use different connectors. I remember Fisher saying that they standardized the connectors and now both use the UE stock cable connector but I'm not too sure. I believe that the UE 11 cable uses the slightly bigger connector, ie the old Fisher connector. Again, someone please step in and correct me if I am wrong

Ok, stock Fisher and UE11 cable = the same.

Fisher never said they standardized the connectors. What they said was that they can use your stock Triple Fi connector if you want to use your stock Triple fi cable. So they remove it and put it in the custom. You would not at this point be able to use the UE11/Fisher/Westone cables if you do this. Just the stock Triple fi cable. I believe Im correct but I could be wrong. The easiest solution is to call Fisher Toll Free.

May 10, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #1,894 of 2,837

tried calling a few times during my lunchbreak and kept getting the message machine. That why I was thinking they might still be in the moving process. Also, so the custom ue11 cable will not work with the triplefis until they have been remolded and had fishers connector added?

Quote:

Quote:
Ok, stock Fisher and UE11 cable = the same.

Fisher never said they standardized the connectors. What they said was that they can use your stock Triple Fi connector if you want to use your stock Triple fi cable. So they remove it and put it in the custom. You would not at this point be able to use the UE11/Fisher/Westone cables if you do this. Just the stock Triple fi cable. I believe Im correct but I could be wrong. The easiest solution is to call Fisher Toll Free.

May 10, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #1,896 of 2,837
Yeah I'm wondering if the move has delayed things. They received my AlienEars C3 Pro + impressions to be remolded on 04/28. I emailed Kaysen last thursday asking for a status update and still nothing back.

Maybe she will come on the forums again and post something?

May 10, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #1,897 of 2,837

Yeah I'm wondering if the move has delayed things. They received my AlienEars C3 Pro + impressions to be remolded on 04/28. I emailed Kaysen last thursday asking for a status update and still nothing back.

Maybe she will come on the forums again and post something?

I'm ready to send mine off I guess. I'm a little worried about my impressions. I took those little black foams off the ends of the impressions. Do they need to be on there?

May 11, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #1,899 of 2,837

Quote:
I was just reading a post back from 2008 and this guy was saying the ue11 custom cable sounded like crap with the triplefis. Is this the same cable everyone is using with their customs? I ordered mine today.

considering that Fisher's work hasn't been around Head-Fi that far back, I'm assuming that guy was using UE11 custom cables w/stock TripleFis.... my guess being a modification job went bad, or perhaps a switch in polarity with the cables.  this shouldn't be an issue w/Fisher's reshells because he uses the plugs that fit custom cables (UE/Westone/Fisher) w/o modification.  

my Westone ES cables >>>>> stock TF cables.

//edit: found that post you were probably referring to, and my assumption was correct :wink:

May 11, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #1,900 of 2,837

considering that Fisher's work hasn't been around Head-Fi that far back, I'm assuming that guy was using UE11 custom cables w/stock TripleFis.... my guess being a modification job went bad, or perhaps a switch in polarity with the cables.  this shouldn't be an issue w/Fisher's reshells because he uses the plugs that fit custom cables (UE/Westone/Fisher) w/o modification.  

my Westone ES cables >>>>> stock TF cables.

//edit: found that post you were probably referring to, and my assumption was correct :wink:

I was hoping they would be ok to use incase I decided not to do a custom.

May 11, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #1,901 of 2,837
OK, for whatever reason UE's universal models with a detachable cable uses a slightly different connector than customs - AFAIK virtually all customs use the same connector.  The custom cables can be modified to fit in the TF10 socket, but if you're going to get it customs might as well save yourself the headache and just use the regular custom socket.

May 11, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #1,902 of 2,837
Decided to do the customs. Dropped them off at the post office earlier. For some reason I was nervous about my impressions. Kinda sucks I had to buy there cable since I wouldn't have the ue custom to send with them. Still can't wait to get them back. I almost threw in the gr8s but decided against having them molded at the time.

May 12, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #1,903 of 2,837

Quote:
Decided to do the customs. Dropped them off at the post office earlier. For some reason I was nervous about my impressions. Kinda sucks I had to buy there cable since I wouldn't have the ue custom to send with them. Still can't wait to get them back. I almost threw in the gr8s but decided against having them molded at the time.

I wonder if they'll let you order UE/Westone cables but have them ship directly to Fisher? their normal processing time is 10-15 business days, so it seems like there should be enough time for the cables to arrive to them.

May 12, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #1,904 of 2,837
We have officially moved. I don't know if I can give the address or not so if you want it let me know through pm. It put us back a little bit but we are planning on having two of our lab techs come in over the weekend to catch up. No problems though a very smooth transition and a much bigger lab. If you need anything let me know.

May 12, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #1,905 of 2,837
w00t
Just got the call from Fisher Hearing for payment. I'll be receiving my remolds tomorrow. Yay for next day shipping. So that will be a total of about 11 business days since they received my IEM+Impressions for the remold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back