IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Mar 29, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #1,846 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to hear it. I was going to write a long post (rant) about my experience with getting JH13s redone, but I don't want to defame Fisher without giving them the benefit of the doubt. Suffice it to say that the fit is fine, but the SQ is not. Bass is good, mids and treble are veiled. I don't know whether it's a technical problem with remolding the actual armatures, or just that the ear impression wasn't quite long enough, or some combination. Will probably be getting new impressions and sending them back. Pretty unhappy, all in all.
frown.gif

well, i think it may be because of the rearrangement of the drivers in the JH13s reshelled different from the stock one. The length of the reshelled ear canal may cause the problem too.
you can do a research to see how the stock JH13s compare to yours in drivers position, and send them to Fisher for a re-locating.

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #1,847 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, i think it may be because of the rearrangement of the drivers in the JH13s reshelled different from the stock one. The length of the reshelled ear canal may cause the problem too.
you can do a research to see how the stock JH13s compare to yours in drivers position, and send them to Fisher for a re-locating.

Thanks, kiddee. I'll look into that. I found the post, btw- it was by Paradoxus, and he seems to be having the EXACT same issue with his UE11 refit. Apparently, we're not the only ones, either. So I'm going to see my audiologist on weds and see if he has any advice or recommendations. He's a professor at NYU, and UE's recommendation for NYC, so I have to assume he knows what he's doing.

Mar 29, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #1,848 of 2,837
Quote:

Shouldn't Fisher be doing the research to insure they get things right?

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #1,849 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, kiddee. I'll look into that. I found the post, btw- it was by Paradoxus, and he seems to be having the EXACT same issue with his UE11 refit. Apparently, we're not the only ones, either. So I'm going to see my audiologist on weds and see if he has any advice or recommendations. He's a professor at NYU, and UE's recommendation for NYC, so I have to assume he knows what he's doing.

Good luck with that, AVU!
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shouldn't Fisher be doing the research to insure they get things right?

Well, may be they did, but you know, they're just the resheller, not "Custom IEM Maker". There're plenty of things in the whole making custom IEM process that they didn't get. So we have to figure it out by ourself when having an issue, and hope the refixed custom sounds better, not exact like the stock JHs or UEs, in fact.

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #1,850 of 2,837
Quote:

Good luck with that, AVU!

Well, may be they did, but you know, they're just the resheller, not "Custom IEM Maker". There're plenty of things in the whole making custom IEM process that they didn't get. So we have to figure it out by ourself when having an issue, and hope the refixed custom sounds better, not exact like the stock JHs or UEs, in fact.

Um, the "Custom IEM Maker" already did the testing and got all of the dimensions correct. Why would Fisher not act like professionals and maintain the same dimensions and orientations since they clearly don't have the necessary knowledge to make changes?

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #1,851 of 2,837
I think they've tried their best to maintain the common technical requirements and not to make any changes. But the reshelling job is not as easy as copying a paper with the photocopier, especially when you're working on the 6 drivers custom. That's what i'm talking about.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #1,853 of 2,837
@kobayashi,

let's put it this way. assuming (note im only using the word assuming), Fisher hearing did not do their research properly and does not have the required information and details that they would need for proper driver placement and etc, we would certainly be on the losing end - us who have already sent in our customs to be remoulded. Hence instead of whining and complaining, it would be objective to find a solution to what we think is the problem. If we by some miracle are able to provide the solution, wouldn't that make things so much better for both us and Fisher?

BUT... on the other hand..

assuming that Fisher already has all the required information and what AVU and i experienced are just anomalies, then would it do Fisher or us any harm if we sent them the information? My answer would be no.

Hence concluding that it would be best in both the consumer and Fisher's interest that any valuable information that would contribute to providing us with better sounding remoulds, should be relayed to them. But of course, this is again assuming that whatever information we have is the correct one.

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #1,854 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@kobayashi,

let's put it this way. assuming (note im only using the word assuming), Fisher hearing did not do their research properly and does not have the required information and details that they would need for proper driver placement and etc, we would certainly be on the losing end - us who have already sent in our customs to be remoulded. Hence instead of whining and complaining, it would be objective to find a solution to what we think is the problem. If we by some miracle are able to provide the solution, wouldn't that make things so much better for both us and Fisher?

BUT... on the other hand..

assuming that Fisher already has all the required information and what AVU and i experienced are just anomalies, then would it do Fisher or us any harm if we sent them the information? My answer would be no.

Hence concluding that it would be best in both the consumer and Fisher's interest that any valuable information that would contribute to providing us with better sounding remoulds, should be relayed to them. But of course, this is again assuming that whatever information we have is the correct one.

Correct driver placement is key to getting good sound quality and proper width, and length on tubing is also a key element to great sound quality. Every person has a different shaped ear and proper placement on one set will not be the same on another set. As a custom manufacturer we try as best as possible to make to correct alignments the first time, but with a completely CUSTOM product most of the time you will have to do adjustments, whether they be a minor adjustment or big adjustments where we will start all over again and redo the whole set. Either is no problem for us. We have been working with a couple of guys from Shure lately, and they have been giving us some great tips on tubing and different driver placement but any other knowledge is also welcome. Everyone also has a different expectancy from their monitors. Someone who is just listening to an i-pod may not expect the same out of the monitors as someone who is a sound engineer. We have worked with a few engineers here and they all have different points of views. The point is that we will try to correct the different problems and fit issues as they come and as a custom manufacturer we will strive to make every customer happy.

Mar 30, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #1,855 of 2,837
That's certainly very comforting to hear Lil' Fish. And it definitely gives me an even greater sense of assurance apart from what I have. :)

For those of you who are unsure, I would say that Fisher's customer service has been excellent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Fish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a custom manufacturer we try as best as possible to make to correct alignments the first time, but with a completely CUSTOM product most of the time you will have to do adjustments, whether they be a minor adjustment or big adjustments where we will start all over again and redo the whole set. Either is no problem for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Fish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... we will strive to make every customer happy.

I can certainly attest to those statements. Fisher has done exactly that with my remoulds. I spoke with them on the phone and highlighted the problem that i had. Kim asked a couple of questions regarding the kind of sound i was hearing and told me to send them back. The remoulds are currently with Fisher and I have faith that they are making the appropriate adjustments.

So yup. My few cents.

Oh and thanks Lil' Fish for the information, it certainly puts me, a customer, at ease. :)

Mar 30, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #1,856 of 2,837
Quote:

For those of you who are unsure, I would say that Fisher's customer service has been excellent.

+1, my experience with them as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #1,857 of 2,837
I have also had very good experience with Fisher and their customer service. My first reshell did not fit 100% and they made sure to take care of it to make sure the second reshell was right. The owner (Kim) handled my refit and personally called me a couple times to discuss what the "symptoms" were. He also called me when it was finished. Very nice.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #1,858 of 2,837
Quote:

That's certainly very comforting to hear Lil' Fish. And it definitely gives me an even greater sense of assurance apart from what I have. :)

I can certainly attest to those statements. Fisher has done exactly that with my remoulds. I spoke with them on the phone and highlighted the problem that i had. Kim asked a couple of questions regarding the kind of sound i was hearing and told me to send them back. The remoulds are currently with Fisher and I have faith that they are making the appropriate adjustments.

So yup. My few cents.

Oh and thanks Lil' Fish for the information, it certainly puts me, a customer, at ease. :)

I agree - I've had nothing but respect for Fisher so far. I understand that this is a new business for them, and everyone's learning. It would be different if they had been doing custom remolding for 10 years now and boasted to never have any problems. I admit it can be frustrating to have to send them back to get redone, but from what I understand, even those buying JH13s and UE10/11s directly often have to do the same thing.

That's why - even though I was somewhat disappointed by the issues I'm having, I didn't let loose on sume huge rant against Fisher. I'm trying my best to figure out EXACTLY what the problem(s) could be and working with them (and the audiologist) to get them fixed. As Paradoxus said, it's in everyone's interest to do so.

Now if Unique Melody was based in the US, and charged the same as Fisher, it would make more sense to do a direct comparison. But they're far away, take longer, and cost more, so even if the quality is better - which I don't know (the shells certainly look better, and they include a pretty chart, but all I really care about is the sound, and I don't know people's experience having UM reshell JH13s) - we can't have any straightforward comparison anyway.

So I, for one, am going to continue to work with Fisher, and I hope and believe we will eventually get everything straightened out, even if it takes a bit longer.
beerchug.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #1,859 of 2,837
Hmm I sent my earphones and impressions in about 3 weeks ago (14 business days) from Australia but they still haven't received it yet .... just hope the parcel haven't been lost en route. According to the post office down here it should've arrived in less than 10
frown.gif
. Can't file the postal insurance for about another few weeks though.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #1,860 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by snuffed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm I sent my earphones and impressions in about 3 weeks ago (14 business days) from Australia but they still haven't received it yet .... just hope the parcel haven't been lost en route. According to the post office down here it should've arrived in less than 10
frown.gif
. Can't file the postal insurance for about another few weeks though.

doesnt come with tracking? check and see where it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back