IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Feb 19, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #1,741 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now the question is Westone vs UE?
Time to dig.

I own both and they're pretty much the same. The pins are of slightly different length. The memory wire on the Westone is much shorter. The slider thing on the UE is a simple clear tube type thing but the Westone one is some sort of molded disk with two holes in it. I don't like the Westone one as much because it is very tight on the cable and sliding it feels like it's snagging on something, making me nervous that it's damaging something.

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #1,742 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just me or are there a lot of imperfections in the acrylic?

Coming from a professional graphics background, the detail really isn't that bad, as someone else already observed on a space the size of a nickel. It's inexcusable that they couldn't get it on the right side, however. It's definitely not in the same league as SA's 4-color imaging technology, probably older silk-screen or some kind of stamp-printing method. But yea, hopefully the lighting is showing more imperfections in the acrylic than reality does!

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #1,743 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Coming from a professional graphics background, the detail really isn't that bad, as someone else already observed on a space the size of a nickel. It's inexcusable that they couldn't get it on the right side, however. It's definitely not in the same league as SA's 4-color imaging technology, probably older silk-screen or some kind of stamp-printing method. But yea, hopefully the lighting is showing more imperfections in the acrylic than reality does!

It's laser engraved with a Universal Laser Systems laser. We are planning on buying a stamper soon and, just to let everyone know we are moving from a 1,500 sq.ft. building to a 5,000sq.ft. building in the next two months. We are definitely expanding and growing right now.

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #1,744 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They received my triple fi's on the 8th and told me that they should be done on the last week of February.
smily_headphones1.gif

Got a call today and told me that mine was shipping today
smily_headphones1.gif

Fast fast fast fast service!

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,745 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a call today and told me that mine was shipping today
smily_headphones1.gif

Fast fast fast fast service!

Doesn't appear to be first in, first out service - I have a refit for just one side that was received a few days before yours, and I'm still waiting... no big deal, just curious why some take longer than others.

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #1,746 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by newmanium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't appear to be first in, first out service - I have a refit for just one side that was received a few days before yours, and I'm still waiting... no big deal, just curious why some take longer than others.

I've picked up on this also. Non the less mine are finally on their way and should have them early next week hopefully. Fingers crossed the fit is good!

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #1,748 of 2,837
I'm also curious on how it can take about 2 weeks for a reshell and 2-4 weeks for an Alienears order. Same lab. Oh well I hope I get my Alienears customs next week (14 business days since the lab received my impressions)

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #1,751 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnagali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
note to self: keep artwork simple
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry yours didn't come out as you wish, but I want to thank you for sharing your experiences with us here. I was originally planning on using the new SEELE logo on one of my ears... but I think I'll stick with the old one instead (for those curious, I'll have NERV on the other side ^^

I just had my impressions done today & sent them out to Fisher. I'll update w/pics of the final product once I get them back
biggrin.gif

LOL, did you mean this?

4219020820_a37a1bf36d.jpg

They're mine and I had it done 3 months ago.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #1,752 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, did you mean this?

4219020820_a37a1bf36d.jpg

They're mine and I had done 3 months ago.
smile_phones.gif

jh13 + twag (not pictured) + titanium faceplate. owmaigosh

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #1,755 of 2,837
i saw it up close yesterday noon. work of art man, with the cherry wood splitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back