IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 29, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #886 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bummer, are there any services that would do a custom reshell of the Atrio's with a dynamic driver?

Unique Melody does i believe, but they do lack a bit communication especially if you can't read or type chinese.

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #887 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unique Melody does i believe, but they do lack a bit communication especially if you can't read or type chinese.

Yeah, their "English" web pages have the strangest English I've ever seen. I guess 13 years of primary education and 4 years of college weren't enough to teach me all the English I need
wink_face.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #891 of 2,837
Don't get too excited about the shipping quotes that Fisher gives you. I was told that my iems that were being refit were ready to be shipped on the 23rd with overnight shipping. I hung around the house all of Christmas eve expecting the ups driver to come. I didn't want to miss the delivery on Christmas eve and have to reschedule considering I was going out of town on the 26th. Well my waiting was in vain. Fisher never shipped my iems even though Kaysen told me they were completed and ready to go.

I contacted them today inquiring about where my iems were and was told that they hadn't shipped and should probably be ready within the next day or two. How they went from being ready to be overnighted and now possibly a day or two until they ship is beyond me and no reason was ever offered other than a tech would be asked about the current status.

So, now I am left wondering when they will ship and not really expecting them anytime soon. I think Fisher may be growing faster than they can handle and ther communication between departments is beginning to suffer.

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #892 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by a.dickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Fisher may be growing faster than they can handle and ther communication between departments is beginning to suffer.

Departments? It's a small storefront in a tiny strip mall outside of Orlando with a couple of employees.

They'll be doing my Super.Fi 10 remolds after I get around to getting impressions made.

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #893 of 2,837
I think they've gotten hammered with all the Amazon Triple.Fi orders.

Very quick email responses when trying to get everything figured out. In case anybodys' wondering, I got the impression that the tip, the shell, and the outer wall can all be different colors. The tip is the only thing that will really discolor (according to Kaysen), so I went for black tips, and colored everything else. Figure nobody will see the tips anyway.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #894 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by newmanium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they've gotten hammered with all the Amazon Triple.Fi orders.

Very quick email responses when trying to get everything figured out. In case anybodys' wondering, I got the impression that the tip, the shell, and the outer wall can all be different colors. The tip is the only thing that will really discolor (according to Kaysen), so I went for black tips, and colored everything else. Figure nobody will see the tips anyway.

That's actually why I would opt for clear tips so that I can clean the canals more thoroughly.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #895 of 2,837
Remember that when this thread started out, there were just a handful of people considering getting custom molds for their universal IEMs. I believe Fisher Hearing saw an opportunity to service this group of people as an extension of their normal business, but never anticipated the number of customers that would be contacting them as a result of the $99 TripleFi deal.

It is kind of like a freak event that, as a business, you can't really anticipate and prepare for. And this isn't the kind of work you can just hire people off the street to do (and I hope they don't try). So until the number of orders returns to normal levels it should be expected that the turnaround times will increase if the number of units they can turn around per day is less than the number of incoming units each day (which is clearly the case).

That said, I can certainly sympathize with your frustration about not getting your customs on the 24th as you were expecting and then having to wait a few days until they were back in the office to find out what was going on. I'd like to think the reason they didn't ship when expected was because they found something in their final testing that needed to be fixed to ensure you would be satisfied when you received them and it (and Christmas) delayed the ship date.

Lesson learned...make sure to get a tracking number and check for an "Out for delivery" status before waiting around for the UPS guy (a lesson I've learned myself in the past).

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #896 of 2,837
I totally understand the circumstances that have brought Fisher into this flurry of activity. I'm still a huge supporter. They are a small business that is making it (I would suppose) in this economy. They deliver a great product with ALMOST excellent service, in my experience so far.

I hope the reason they were delayed was because an error was caught. I've already been the recipient of one error in the form of my order not being completely filled with a cable being left out. That's no big deal to me. However, being told that my package is going to ship on that day and it not being shipped, that is what is upsetting.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait and I would not discourage anyone from ordering. Kaysen who has been praised on this board has helped me and others excellently throughout the whole process and is doing a phenomenal job. Having worked in a small family run business, I am certain she has more responsibilities than just answering our emails, phone calls, and pm's throughout the day. My original post was just to let folks know that things are getting pretty busy at Fisher and they need to be prepared for a wait.

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #897 of 2,837
Anyone from the UK done this?

I'm interested in having my TF10s done but I'm worried about high shipping costs to have them returned to me (Fisher Hearing are quoting $60) AND the possibility of getting hit by customs on the way back...

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #899 of 2,837
Hey does anyone know if FisherHearing does shipping via USPS instead? I intend to call them but realised its now about 4am in the morning and hence it'll have to wait.

I live in Singapore and the shipping via UPS is extremely pricey, they quoted me $65USD. I'm hoping to find an alternative.

Dec 30, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #900 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in Singapore and the shipping via UPS is extremely pricey, they quoted me $65USD. I'm hoping to find an alternative.

That's totally crazy. I'm pretty sure they can squeeze the stuffs in a USPS flat rate box, which costs only 12.95$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back