IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #841 of 2,837
As many other people are, I'm very much so considering getting my TriFis reshelled. I was able to listen to another set of headphones earlier today that had a bit more treble, and was wondering it when resheling the TriFis it'd be possible to add a little more treble to the sound? I read somewhere in the thread that there was a slight loss of treble after getting them remolded, so I'm just curious if its possible to offset that effect.

Thanks!

Dec 27, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #842 of 2,837
I'm getting my triple fi's reshelled soon. I have an appointment for impressions later in the week. I've had the trips for about a week and the sound blows the re0 out of the water (in my humble view). Can't wait to get them reshelled. I just need my Ultimate Ears custom cable to come in finally.

Dec 27, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #843 of 2,837
The overall impression I get from this thread is that this is a good option if you have a set of SE530 that the cables have worn out on, or some triple fi that are very uncomfortable out of the box, and that the overall result seems to be the same or slightly different sound if you get the right fit.

I am interested in having this done to my SE530, but would like to add a bass driver/crossover/something to beef up the low end on them. Sounds like a good opportunity for Fisher if they could figure out how to do that.

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #846 of 2,837
Yeah, I guess just send in the impressions/IEMs ASAP..

I am literally going from the audiologist directly to ship the impressions and IEMs to them. I start classes on the 1/4 so hopefully I can get them back with good fit as close to that as possible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #848 of 2,837
People on here have either used the stock TF10Pro/TF10vi cable, Westone Elite cable, UE custom cable, or Fisher cable (several colors to choose from). Personally, I ordered a Westone Elite cable in black that I will send in with my impressions/IEMs, because I don't like the stock cable or the Fisher cable, and I didn't want to have to call UE to place an order for the custom cable again.

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #849 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by russya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No it doesn't seem like it will. Artwork on my FreQ's has rubbed off a little but I'm thinking that they were not clearcoated. These seem to be a lot more durable

I reread the first post in this thread and OP said that they use basically a paint that they put inside the laser etched art. I can't tell from your pics, is it more of a gold sparkle paint or does it look like gold glitter pieces under the clear?

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #850 of 2,837
Do you have to send them the cables together with the IEM or do is this some kind of "universal" connector and the cables are not required for him to do the job?
My TF10 is brand new, so the cables are good. but I think I would want something more soft then the stock cables for the custom shell.
If I need to send the cables together, I guess it would be better to wait for the cables to be shipped or arrive before I go for the impressions.

And by the way, what's the difference between impression and mold?

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #851 of 2,837
If there's anyone in the SF Bay Area looking for impressions, then Miracle Ear in Hayward did mine for $20 total ($10 each ear). They're located in Southland Mall, and were in a list provided by InearZ. The audiologist seemed like a nice guy and was open to more of this kind of work. I had to request a bite block, however - he wasnt going to use one. I was in and out in 5 minutes.

I cant vouch for their quality yet - I'll be sending my stuff out tomorrow.

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #852 of 2,837
Well, I'm listening with my Sporta-Pros now since my triple-fis are in the caring hands of the United States Postal Service and they're on their way to Florida for a nice sunny vacation before they get split open by Fisher Hearing.
biggrin.gif

Kaysen has been a pleasure to work with so far.

(Lil Knight I hope you don't mind, I'm stealing your color scheme
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #853 of 2,837
Hi InEarz. My dad will be in Chicago in about a month. If I got him to send impressions and TF10s from there, would you be able to ship them back to Ireland when done?
Thanks,
Brian

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #854 of 2,837
While talking to Kaysen this morning she said there were something like 30 new people inquiring about customs in her inbox when she got in this morning.

Sounds like it's going to be a happy new year for Fisher Hearing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #855 of 2,837
I sent mine in Priority mail on Christmas Eve ($4.95 Priority boxes work fantastic), and Kaysen said it arrived today. I included the custom UE cable I'd previously ordered - of course using the TF10 that everybody in the world has now bought. Can't believe I'm going to have nice custom IEs for about $200 total, amazing!

Kaysen said it will be about 7 days in-house for my order, they must be deluged with new orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back