IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 24, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #811 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ravissimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got my custom triple.fi's back from fisher hearing earlier today. I listened to them for a few hours. the left earmold fits and seals excellently, unfortunately the right earmold pops out of the seal quickly and is uncomfortable. I'm going to contact InearZ tomorrow about this and see what they can do about it.

From the impressions they sent back to me though, it looks like it was made right on the money. I think I'm going to contact my audiologist tomorrow and see if I can get another impression of my right ear to sent off to Fisher Hearing.

Other than that, sound quality is great, no significant change in sound signature from my stock triple.fi's. Very happy overall, just one minor problem. hopefully I'll get it resolved soon.

Glad to hear this! I'm sending my Amazon $99 TF10s in as soon as I get my Westone clear cable! Excited!
icon10.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #812 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes pics, pics, and more pics

oh and oldskool. Go to westone.com and go to custom area and Then search for audiologist in ur area by zip code or I'd do what I did. Go to ultimate ears site and do the same thing, they only list a few they personally as a business recommend. That is who I used in Vegas. They do about 10 or more a day they said. Mine looked good

thanks for the response dweaver. Ya I'm going to use them in a quiet area. And they will be my only cans after I sell the ad500 if I like them. So of course they will get all the play, and gaming use. But the TF10s are going everywhere with me

I paid $50 ($25 per ear) for impressions. An actual audiologists did mine, she had a Master Degree on the wall. The cottom dams went in pretty far, I was surprised and it was a very uncomfortable almost painful! Goo felt pretty cool. Quick and easy!

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #813 of 2,837
^^ The audiologist said that there was a little bleeding in my ear canal after she took the impressions. She had to go pretty deep as I brought her the recommended audiologist sheet provided on the UE website. The impressions were great looking when they were done and she used the Westone brand ear mold.

Audiologist Instructions from Ultimate Ears
Here is the link from the UE website with the recommended information for earmolds. I would suggest bringing this with you to the audiologist to ensure you get a deep enough mold.

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #815 of 2,837
Hey Kaysen,

It is possible to reproduce this exact colour?
4211768542_4a81535ec8.jpg

Also, can someone guide me to how this process is like? Is there an online order form or is everything done through email? Do I have to include an order form or anything in my package?

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #817 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, there is an order form that Kaysen will email you. You need to fill it out and include it when you send your stuff in.

Okay thank you so much.

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #820 of 2,837
I'll be sending in a pair of TF10s to be remolded as soon as I get my 5EBs back. Thought about trying UM and their extra mid-driver modification but I'm not sure how I'll like the sound.

Unfortunately, the third try on my 5EBs didn't pass QC so we're going for attempt #4.

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #823 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by HazeIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you need to take the ear impressions first and send to them? how does it works?

well, I suppose you could always send your ears in first.

Van Gogh'd.

Dec 25, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #825 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmalaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, I suppose you could always send your ears in first.

Van Gogh'd.

Ok, I deserved that for not putting it right.
By taking the impressions first I meant, can I go to the nearest place and take the impressions or are there any kind of special requirements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back