IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #781 of 2,837
Impressions done and shipped with the TF10s...byebye TF10s, see you next year!
L3000.gif

photoym.jpg

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #784 of 2,837
Not sure, but anyone else think those impressions don't look very promising? There's indents and missing parts near the canal and the concha...

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #785 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure, but anyone else think those impressions don't look very promising? There's indents and missing parts near the canal and the concha...

Thanks for pointing out my weird ear shapes....now stop attacking me!
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #786 of 2,837
I'm not talking about the shape, but it looks like the impression is under filled or something. For example, the impressions on the left has an unusual indentation on the concha...

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #787 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopsider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
InEarZ, are you guys able to do the Phonak PFE with the filter in it? I've tried the TF10, UM3x, and I just keep going back to the PFE.

IF not has anyone tried molding the UM3x yet?

I was going to send my Um3x in but am suddenly getting cold feet....

Loopsider, can you send me a pm about what you like about the PFE more than UM3x and TF10? ( i dont want to derail the thread).

Thanks

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #788 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not talking about the shape, but it looks like the impression is under filled or something. For example, the impressions on the left has an unusual indentation on the concha...

Actually, my right ear doesn't have a normal concha, or it's not very deep. That's why it looks like that. It's hereditary...
icon10.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #789 of 2,837
Those impressions do look lacking. But Im no audioligist and neither is MaoDi. But it was a good thing for him to point out. I would ask Fisher to look at the pics of them before sending them in just in case.

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #790 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those impressions do look lacking. But Im no audioligist and neither is MaoDi. But it was a good thing for him to point out. I would ask Fisher to look at the pics of them before sending them in just in case.

I sent the picture to Kaysen to see if someone can look at it. We'll see what they say.

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #792 of 2,837
Got my TF10's back today. It has been a very good experience overall, but there are a few issues but I plan on getting them fixed(this is the nature of customs). This is my third pair of customs and the build quality is just as good if not better than the others(FreQ's & Livewires). My only issues are a small fit issue in my left ear and the color of one of my face plate. The fit issue should be fixable. As for the color problem, perhaps it's a color they don't have and if that's the case then...oh well I'll cope. If there is one area that Fisher(Kaysen in particular) are far above other companies that I have dealt with is turn around time and communication. I cannot stress enough how important that is when getting customs done.

As for what I ordered. The color and art work should be obvious in the pictures, I did order mine with the connector from the TF10's. I wanted to keep the vi cable to use with my iPhone. If anyone remembers from the FreQ days I had mine done with an iPhone cable as well. I may be the only person with 3 sets of iPhone compatible customs.

As for the sound, the one that fits perfect sounds the same as the TF10's did originally. The other one's fit issue makes it so the sound is imbalanced between the two, about the same as if you have universals in and one isn't sealing right. That's pretty much the only sound issue I have. But like I said, I have every confidence that my problem will be fixed. So in summary, I think that anyone who gets a set of TF10's reshelled by fisher is getting a hell of a deal if they got them for $99. These sound better than either of my other customs and the build quality is great. It really is a no brainer to me. And all of these pictures were taken with my iphone except one so they don't look that great but I wanted to get something up for people to see instead of wait for a better camera. Any flaws you may see are camera artifacts or my finger prints and not in the actual monitors. No bubbles or pitting

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #795 of 2,837
That looks great. I like it. I hope mine look that good. And yea hopefully they work out for you.

I just talked to Kaysen, she said mine will be shipped Monday 2nd day UPS. So hopefully mine are here Wednesday next week and I'll throw some pictures of them up for everyone to see. Also aren't yours TF10 inside?? Why did t they write tf10 on the backside by the date? The build quality does look excellent so that's good.

Enjoy your new toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back