IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Nov 17, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #76 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
foofighter
It seem that you are very satisfied with the reshelled IEMs.
smily_headphones1.gif
. Your IEMs also looks very nice. The best things are, the turn around time is shorter and delivery cost is cheaper too.I hope the company manage to maintained the quality services, if they got many orders from 'us'/head-fiers
smily_headphones1.gif

IMHO, USD 80 for custom remold is quite a bargain, and now the custom sleeves, UM-56 seem to be expensive
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone want to try to remold their high-end custom IEMs?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you.

mA, I'm more than satisfied. I'm quite relieved, actually that they turned out so well. Turn-around seems promising, but who knows with a sudden influx of head-fiers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I manipulated an image from UE's website, and photoshopped it with graphic logos that I pulled off the net. I manipulated the same image for both pics. Basically, this is how I want my next dream custom IEMs to look. My favorite band is obviously the Foo Fighters, and I love Batman. Geeky, I know, but I couldn't help myself. I hope to get my next custom like these pics, whether it be from JH Audio, UE, or Fisher Hearing. I wouldn't doubt producing these will infringe, but you never know
smily_headphones1.gif

Foo Fighters Logo on a black smoke translucent mold
4112168361_473fee3536_o.jpg

Batman Logo on a jet black, with a barely translucent mold
4112168575_0632c005bc_o.jpg

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #77 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by InEarZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't those already custom though

Yes; custom IEMs are re-molded either due to wear and tear or exchanging hands.

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #78 of 2,837
Hey guys, I've created a photoshop template in which you can paste in your own artwork, or pull images from the net, so you can see how your own artwork, or pulled images, will look on customs. I created a whole new thread for this here. You can also download the photoshop template from there.

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #80 of 2,837
Great review, thanks a lot.

Nov 18, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #81 of 2,837
I have a question or two. Will the clear IEMs yellow at the tips over time or will they stay crystal clear?

Would it be possible to do a clear IEM that fades to transparent black at the tip?

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #83 of 2,837
Quote:

Yes all the molds will yellow over time. How long it will take depends on how long and often you wear them, and how clean you keep them.

We can do a black tip. It won't be a faded color though. We can do a red tip for the right and blue tip for the left also. I don't have any pictures of this I can get some maybe by the end of today or tomorrow.

I'd really like to see pics with different colored tips.

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #84 of 2,837
Wow, this will be my first pair of customs, I want to send my SE530's in to get re-shelled. Im trying to get earmolds done and the first place I called wanted $70-$100 PER EAR. Is this correct. Im not gonna do that anytime soon. Ug!

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #86 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, this will be my first pair of customs, I want to send my SE530's in to get re-shelled. Im trying to get earmolds done and the first place I called wanted $70-$100 PER EAR. Is this correct. Im not gonna do that anytime soon. Ug!

You should probably call more than one place. $140-200 for impressions is obscene. Are you sure that's not the price for custom earplugs or something?

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #88 of 2,837
Quote:

YOU HAVE TO CALL OTHER PLACES. There's no question about it. The place I went to only charged me $45 total for both ears. But I did find places that were charging similar to what you found. Bring out the yellow pages, and search audiologists in your area. Just keep calling until you find a place.

Quote:

Attachment 22859

Attachment 22860

Attachment 22861

I can see if I can get red and blue made

Nice pics, if you get the opportunity, I'd like to see other color combinations
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #89 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should probably call more than one place. $140-200 for impressions is obscene. Are you sure that's not the price for custom earplugs or something?

Perhaps I did ask for something else in their mind. I did say earmold and not impression. Im on hold with someone else now.

Edit: just got off the phone. This place wants $52 per ear. We are getting closer. I did talk it through with the lady and these are definitely only for impressions.

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #90 of 2,837
Quote:

Perhaps I did ask for something else in their mind. I did say earmold and not impression. Im on hold with someone else now.

Edit: just got off the phone. This place wants $52 per ear. We are getting closer. I did talk it through with the lady and these are definitely only for impressions.

You may also have to broaden your radius. Maybe you'll find some hick town in the outskirts, with an audiologist who will charge $45 total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back