IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Aug 17, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #2,821 of 2,837
That is the reason I'm asking for some advice.  I would like to know if anyone knows if these drivers would get along together.  I called Shure to find out if I could get a connector so that I can use my 530s with an up to date cable by just adding a connector to the wire (so I can use them the way they were designed).  What do you think their response was........  Sorry pal, we don't allow other people to get what they want, if you want to do that you have to either pay another $250 to exchange them for 535s, or re-shell on my own.  

I guess that $150-$200 to get customs as I want wouldn't be too much. 

I would still like to know if anyone knows if the 530s, and 325s, or 215s would be compatible.  

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #2,822 of 2,837
  That is the reason I'm asking for some advice.  I would like to know if anyone knows if these drivers would get along together.  I called Shure to find out if I could get a connector so that I can use my 530s with an up to date cable by just adding a connector to the wire (so I can use them the way they were designed).  What do you think their response was........  Sorry pal, we don't allow other people to get what they want, if you want to do that you have to either pay another $250 to exchange them for 535s, or re-shell on my own.  

I guess that $150-$200 to get customs as I want wouldn't be too much. 

I would still like to know if anyone knows if the 530s, and 325s, or 215s would be compatible.  

No one can really answer that question for you, as more than likely the drivers used are proprietary. Due to that, impedance values, and frequency responses are not open to the public. With a lot of investigation and testing those answers could be found but of course that would take time, experience and expensive testing equiplment.....  

After testing and once the answers are established, the next step would be to formulate a x-over network and wireing method to make the drivers work together in a coherent fashion. (that requires time, experience, and equipment)

Once that is done, then they would be assembled and tested....   (that again requires time, experience and equipment)

I'd opt for spending 250$ rather than a "shot in the dark"  on some used drivers.  At least then you have a new product, and an IEM that is designed to work cohesivley. 

The reality is, you have a hand full of drivers.....   much like haveing a pile of bricks.....   it takes a lot more than a pile of bricks to build a home.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 27, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #2,823 of 2,837
Well, my SE530s are in Florida and will be delivered as I look at the clock.......today.  I posted on Monday morning and used the 425s that I have. . . W O W what a difference.  I can only imagine what they are going to sound like customized
gs1000.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #2,824 of 2,837
  Well, my SE530s are in Florida and will be delivered as I look at the clock.......today.  I posted on Monday morning and used the 425s that I have. . . W O W what a difference.  I can only imagine what they are going to sound like customized
gs1000.gif

I regret reshelling my SE530. I should have just recabled it. It lost its unique signature and became bit bright.

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #2,825 of 2,837
Now I'm looking for is a set of cables that will match the combining of my SE 530s, and SE325s.  Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive cable with an inline mic so I can use with my android phone?  I'm using the stock SE jack on the buds still.  Maybe have the mic about 4" from the end of both cables.  I'm looking to spend about $35-$50 dollar range. I just want to upgrade and add the inline mic. 

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #2,826 of 2,837
I've had my Monster Turbine Pro's sitting in a drawer with broken cables that I've just been busy and haven't taken the time to rip into and recable. Thinking I might try and send them out to fisher to reshell as I could never get them to fit well.

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #2,828 of 2,837
So I just got my ear impressions done here in orlando for 10 dollars per ear! Tomorrow I will take them, they are charging me 120 dollars, it has gone up, but I guess is fine. I'm going for cloudy black or translucent black.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #2,830 of 2,837
I had major issues with the TF10 falling out of my ears and losing seal.  Forget any type of exercise or running on a treadmill.  With the custom molds, I can run without them falling out.  They sit pretty flush with the ear.  

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #2,833 of 2,837
  I had major issues with the TF10 falling out of my ears and losing seal.  Forget any type of exercise or running on a treadmill.  With the custom molds, I can run without them falling out.  They sit pretty flush with the ear.  

Thanks orisky, glad to hear its working out for you and good to know in case I decide to go that route. Cheers!

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #2,834 of 2,837

Thanks orisky, glad to hear its working out for you and good to know in case I decide to go that route. Cheers!

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #2,835 of 2,837

Users who are viewing this thread

Back