IEMs: Love 'em or Hate 'em?
Jun 25, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #31 of 41
I love my ER-4P.

That said, I *only* use them portably. If I'm at home, I'm using my full-size 'phones.

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #32 of 41
I absolutely love my custom SuperFreQs (MM crossover). Great sound, superb isolation - simply outstanding, specially since travel so often in planes
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cant stand the plugged ears sounds and feeling for a long time, especially if I have the music paused for whatever reason.. it makes me feel claustrophobic.

Quite the contrary. I've worn isolation plugs for most of my life, have always been around things that make big noises. Love the plugged sound; just you, your breathing, heartbeat and your thoughts. IEMs: what a deal -30 dB of noise attenuation, +95 dB of music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love my IEMs to bits -such superb sound from such small packages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitch2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love them for in the train or air travel...Started with the cheap Sony EX-71 and moved up to the Shure SE530. For in the house I prefer full size cans for the better comfort.

Yes yes, except you can add the infamous white ear buds to pre EX-71s, now I have 2-pair of SE530s--one pair for (potential) custom work. For the home I prefer speakers.

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #35 of 41
x2. I'm used to wearing earplugs so IEMs were not much different. Just better. Instead of quiet now I have music. Plus annyoing background noises are reduced and I'm not "blasting" to drown the background noise.

The plugged feeling doesn't bother me. Once I got used to it it wasn't a big deal. It depends on the user. Some will never get used to the feeling, no matter how good the sound or isolation is. Others get used to it over time. The plugged/stuffed feeling is always there. it's just a matter if you can get over it or not.

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #37 of 41
6-25-08: Yes: 91% No: 9%

I think I'm going to try a similar poll in the main headphone forum to see what results come up. This poll tends to be biased b/c IEM users seek out this section of the forum.

(this poll would be more accurate with a sample from the general population)

The poll is now up on the main headphone forum. Feel free to vote again and voice opinions.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ear...e-hate-338281/

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEMs/in ear headphones have been a popular topic. Several posts and threads have been made about them from asking for recommendations to offering advice and generally praising them. Several posts and threads have also been made disliking them, even some debates and bogus information about ear damage.

So my question is: Do you use IEMs or not? If yes, feel free to discuss which ones you use or like and if you don't, discuss why not. Should be interesting to get some numbers on this.

Both. Love them traveling and late night lying down, but hate them otherwise. Guess that's why I own more than just my E530s.

Jun 28, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite the contrary. I've worn isolation plugs for most of my life, have always been around things that make big noises. Love the plugged sound; just you, your breathing, heartbeat and your thoughts. IEMs: what a deal -30 dB of noise attenuation, +95 dB of music.

Do you live by an airport or a railroad or something??

Jun 28, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you live by an airport or a railroad or something??

Guns, motorcycles, woodworking machinery, and that's just for fun.

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guns, motorcycles, woodworking machinery, and that's just for fun.

R R R

(insert Tim Taylor signature grunt here)
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back