IEMs: Love 'em or Hate 'em?
Jun 24, 2008 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

nickdawg

500+ Head-Fier
IEMs/in ear headphones have been a popular topic. Several posts and threads have been made about them from asking for recommendations to offering advice and generally praising them. Several posts and threads have also been made disliking them, even some debates and bogus information about ear damage.

So my question is: Do you use IEMs or not? If yes, feel free to discuss which ones you use or like and if you don't, discuss why not. Should be interesting to get some numbers on this.

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #5 of 41
Love them.
IEM's are just great for public transportation, to block out unwanted noise.

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #6 of 41
What's not to love, small, portable and block out external noise
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #7 of 41
Meh... not so much fun. Always need to readjust them in my ears. Plus they don't block out as much noise as I'd like. On the bus, I don't even see the point of listening to them. $300 IEMs polluted by the noise of traffic? Pretty pointless if you ask me. Today I took my PX 100s for a walk for the first time in a while, and I actually enjoyed them. They're fun. My TF10s are a pain in the ass, and high maintenance.

I think I need a pair of UE11s, for better isolation
frown.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #8 of 41
Seems like this poll will be slightly biased since it was posted in the IEM section of head-fi, but yes I use Etymotics and am thinking about getting some FreQ's soon.

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #9 of 41
I go in waves. I won't bother with my H160 and Triple-Fi's for a few weeks and then I suddenly rediscover them. I am always amazed. How can such tiny headphones sound so good?

I'm a fan.

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #13 of 41
Ive got a pair of shures and a pair of ultimate ears,which are great for warm weather not having cups or pads on your ears.
However having said that they dont provide me with the sound i want,are always popping out and i have to adjust them constantly,and because i have long hair i get noise from my hair hitting the cable.
So i am using them more at the moment because of the weather factor but cannot wait to use my cans again.
So to answer the question,no i'm not overly keen on them.

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #14 of 41
I wish TF10s had a smaller body they would have been a whole lot comfortable...

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #15 of 41
Full size cans do sound good but its a pain to take it out due to the size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back