IEMs for VERY TINY ear canals?
Sep 12, 2009 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

zeromacro

100+ Head-Fier
My gf has the tiniest ear canals. I mean, the smallest size silicons that came with RE0 which are epicly small, and not to mention the smallest size complys/olives are too big for her ear canals. No matter what (squeezing them before putting them in of course) they just pop right back out. The housing size is also important as something like SE110 or W3 that I own, the housing is too big for her ears. She's been using ear buds, but the sound isolation on the bus is horrible for those. The yuins come with those rubber extensions to isolate sound better but I am asking whether there are any other solutions out there.

What I'm looking for:
-fits tiny ear canals
-small housing
-made to be worn over the ear (thay way when they fall out they stay around the ear)
-<$100
-listens to mostly alternative/pop/piano music. Not a bass head.

Sep 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 13
Apple in-earphones, JVC FXC70, Klipsch image X5 and Etymotic HF series.......

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #8 of 13
I would say the westone 1's. You would get more bang for your buck. They come with comply tips, a carrying case, and different eartips, and plus they are westones which means quality. Also, they are very tiny and light. They just may be the IEM for you.

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #9 of 13
If the OP's gf found small olives too large, she won't be any better off with Complys. He's asking for tiny sleeves, even the small silicones on the RE0 are too large.

I am a Westone fan, but the Klipsch S4 small gel is the perfect size for tiny ear canals. No others come close. Now, if the OP got the W1s and used the small Klipsch gels (available from Klipsch for $12.99 shipped), I would agree. But the W1s are also over his budget.

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PL-50

super super tiny

How tiny? I mean, I can see you own the RE0's as well. The smallest ear tips with those doesn't fit her. Would you say they're significantly smaller than those?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple in-earphones, JVC FXC70, Klipsch image X5 and Etymotic HF series.......

I'm quite sure the Apples and JVC won't fit her. The housings are small but the ear tips are still too big. The X5 and HF is out of budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the OP's gf found small olives too large, she won't be any better off with Complys. He's asking for tiny sleeves, even the small silicones on the RE0 are too large.

I am a Westone fan, but the Klipsch S4 small gel is the perfect size for tiny ear canals. No others come close. Now, if the OP got the W1s and used the small Klipsch gels (available from Klipsch for $12.99 shipped), I would agree. But the W1s are also over his budget.

Do the S4's come with the ear gels in the box? And these are almost always back ordered it seems
frown.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeromacro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How tiny? I mean, I can see you own the RE0's as well. The smallest ear tips with those doesn't fit her. Would you say they're significantly smaller than those?

yes, they and klipsch are easily the smallest ive seen

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #12 of 13
If you can stretch you budget to get a pair of ER-4Ps, the small silicon tips that come with them are pretty damn tiny. I've got small ear canals and I find them too small.

Sep 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #13 of 13
If the Etymotic HF5 is still on $99 at Amazon it might work with the included baby blue triflange or the tiny Klipsch gels should fit on it as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back