IEMs for small ear canals. $250 budget
Sep 19, 2011 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Norlin

New Head-Fier
So I got the Triplefi 10 pro a week ago and realized that they are way too large for my ears as they just pop out which is really sad because they sound amazing. 

So now I'm in search for good IEMs for small ear canals with a limit of $250

The phones should be best for metal ie. great treble, not too much bass and medium midrange.

Sep 19, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 28
I will highely recommend to try these IEMs like RE272, HF5, ER4P/S, CK10 and Klipsch Image X5.

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 28
The 535 aren't that small either. If he's talking bout really small ears then the rest above might fit him. If it's medium-small ears, things like westones and the shures might be able to fit comfortably

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #7 of 28
My gf's ears are small and can't fit alot of IEM's either. The best solution we've found were to use the small sillicone/oval tips that come with the Klipsch S4's. They work well on my W4's for her. The Westone housings seem to be small enough to fit in her ears, and the Klipsch tips were the most comfortable for her.

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 28
Wait, so is it your ear canals that are small, or is it actually your "inner ear." I forget the name for it and don't really want to look it up, but I'm talking about the portion that the Westone IEM and the like fit in... I have rather small "inner ears" but have fairly large ear canals.

If your inner ear is what's small, I would suggest looking into the EX600, FX700, or UM3X as those two IEMs have been the most comfortable for me. But if you have a small ear canal, I would suggest the Q-jays (my friend has very small ear canals and has no problems with them; plus they sound really good too!)

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #9 of 28
Well, to be fair I really don't know. What I do know is that the triplefi 10 pro is popping out of my ears all the time even with the smallest silicon tips. It do however works fairly with the foam tips but not while out running and doing other kind of stuff where the body/head is "bumping" alot. 

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #10 of 28
Q-jays or CK10 - they are both really small and offer exceptional sound quality at their prices.

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #11 of 28
I've got small ears and the Phonak PFE 122's fit me perfectly and sound superb. They are really comfy too, the small silicon buds are just right for me. I can manage with the mediums but they slip out of my right ear eventually.

I do use them with a JD Labs amp but they sound good without an amp too.

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #12 of 28
Use the $250 budget to get the triple fi's remolded?  $90 for remoulds $25 for cable and however much for the impressions. 

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #13 of 28
I think that's a good plan but the ear doctors in my neighborhood want over $250 to make the impressions! (They all insist on a hearing test as well though.)
Of course you'd only ever have to do it the one time and then be set for life.
Quote:
Use the $250 budget to get the triple fi's remolded?  $90 for remoulds $25 for cable and however much for the impressions. 

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #14 of 28

Quote:
I think that's a good plan but the ear doctors in my neighborhood want over $250 to make the impressions! (They all insist on a hearing test as well though.)

Actually you'd only be set for around 5-8 years, give or take. Your ears grow and twist and change from the moment you're born until the moment you die, so those molds will only be good for so long.

$250 is a LOT though, mine only took $45.

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #15 of 28
From my experiences and from what I've read/hear, ear impressions typically shouldn't run you more than $150, which is already considered on the high side. I checked with a local audiologist from the Ultimate Ears site, and they were charging $75.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back