IEMS for Metal/Alternative Genre. [500-2000$]
Apr 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

YAGIZ

Previously known as Aerosphere
Member of the Trade: Headfonia
Hello Head-Fi.

I am very fond of metal music but the problem is I find iem presentations too congesting, perhaps slow. (PRaT-Wise)

Is there any CIEM or IEM that you use and that you think it's amazing with fast paced metal songs? 

My DAP is Lotoo Paw Gold. I have no budget limit. I was thinking about Noble K10 but.. I am not sure. 

K10 ORDERED, NEED 1 MORE IEM FOR METAL/ALT Price Range 300-1000$

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 20
Hello Head-Fi.

I am very fond of metal music but the problem is I find iem presentations too congesting, perhaps slow. (PRaT-Wise)

Is there any CIEM or IEM that you use and that you think it's amazing with fast paced metal songs? 

My DAP is Lotoo Paw Gold. I have no budget limit. I was thinking about Noble K10 but.. I am not sure. 
Aurisonics Harmony.

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #3 of 20
I am finding Earsonics S-EM9 to be great for metal and noise. Also Sony ex1000 and JVC FXT90- it has been a while since i had but remember enjoying w/ fx850 also.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #4 of 20
I found the Empire Ears Zues to be far superior to the K10 if money is no object.

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #5 of 20
I gave a listen to S-EM9 but it was a little congested with fast tracks. Felt claustrophobic. Zeus might be interesting although positive comments not on par with it's hefty 2k$ price. (edit: it was a faulty unit, replaced the s-em9 and I am very happy with it)

What about Vision Ears? VE6Xcontrol?

@jmills8 I experienced ASG Forte, it wasn't impressive. Harmony is little brighter than Forte, I don't know man..

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #6 of 20
I gave a listen to S-EM9 but it was a little congested with fast tracks. Felt claustrophobic. Zeus might be interesting although positive comments not on par with it's hefty 2k$ price. 

What about Vision Ears? VE6Xcontrol?

@jmills8
 I experience ASG Forte, it wasn't impressive. Harmony is little brighter than Forte, I don't know man..
Comply tips help and an amp. Or get the revamped Harmony by Fender which will have a redone Treble so it wont be too bright.

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #8 of 20
Have a look at the Fidue A83 or Dunu 2000J

I have the Fidue A83, I find them more than fast enough for all types of Metal. 

I listen to all types of Metal from original Heavy to Metalcore to Death Metal to Symphonic Metal to Viking Metal to Power Metal.

The only downside I find some people have with the Fidue A83 is they can come across a tad bright in the treble but once you pair it with a good dap/amp, then they do sound really good.

Instrument separation is spot on, able to hear each instrument clearly and in detail. Vocals have a lot of life, depth and detail. Bass is strong but only when in needs to be and is very dependent on how the album was recorded & mastered. 

Again this is my personal favorite IEM at the moment for my music which is Metal & only Metal :p

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #11 of 20
You bought 2 iem and you want another one, it is strange a little.

What about Campfire Andromeda..? I have had borrow Jupiter and it was very very good dynamic, accurate.. if Andromeda have more presence a little fuller mids, bass as manufacture claims on their website it should be fantastic all-arounder. I have interest mainly about Andromeda / K10. 

Apr 21, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #12 of 20
Well I gave a listen to them at musica acoustics and they were terrible. Lyra was kinda good but it was too bright for my liking.
As for savant, it was quite good but not for metal, for jazz-classic-slow genres. It lacks the bite the attack that metal requires.

Btw, K10 and Rosie is final, I am done searching BUT always good to have some knowledge because when I search in Head-Fi Metalhead IEMS there is absolutely no data. I hope this thread will help people!

@knopi

​Edit: Thinking about ifi iDSD, any other recommendations? What about X7 or Another Tidal-Compatible DAP?

Apr 21, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #13 of 20
Well it comes down to preferences, but the Ostry KC06A and the Dunu DN-2000 are the only ones that I have owned (heard quite a lot, but not going to list down all of them) that doesn't really sound congested with metal. Headphones are still the most ideal type of phones for metal, from what I have learned and heard of so far.

On the more expensive side, the Ibasso Oriolus are worth a mention as they are pretty much have the best width that I have heard so far for metal in-ears wise. Rosie (without much burn in) are also pretty good (defintely better with more burn in) as they are like the Oriolus, but with better mids and bass for metal, iirc.

Apr 21, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #14 of 20
Thank you very much for your input! @supplehope I do feel the same with Oriolus. It is quite good but I think 1200 or 1400$ is little too much. I'd personally go for Rosie or K10 with that amount of money. Also +1 to KC06A, indeed superb performance for 69$.

My friend sadly said the same thing, metal is a tricky genre when it comes to iems. Headphones are effortless and better but I can't wear them because of my ears. They are quite big and fragile. (TH900 and LCD3 once gave me ear trauma, lol.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back