IEMs for Jazz, Classical, Acoustic...
Apr 30, 2017 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

soundhunger

New Head-Fier
Finally got some IEMs and am finally starting to get what all the fuss is about.

What IEMs would go best with natural, acoustic, music? For kicks, let's keep it under $200. Closer to $100 would be good. Perhaps an IEM/Amp combo?

I like Jazz (Bill Evans, Chet Baker, Miles Davis). I listen from my desktop. FLAC, Lossless, mp3, using Audirvana+ and Vox. I'm still new to all this, but I know I like open, natural, realistic, and not a "colored" signature.

I also enjoy classical (mostly strings), acoustic guitar, etc.

I've got some VSD3s currently, and I feel that they do some things pretty well, but the piano and drums are pretty underwhelming to me. The bass, at times, can feel a bit over-done.

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm a Bill Evans, Chet Baker an Miles listener as well. My preferred IEM are the Final Audio Heaven IV and VI. The VI is way above your price point but the IV would set you back EUR 165. Defenitely worth a try

May 1, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 6
I'm a Bill Evans, Chet Baker an Miles listener as well. My preferred IEM are the Final Audio Heaven IV and VI. The VI is way above your price point but the IV would set you back EUR 165. Defenitely worth a try

I've been reading up on the FAH IV... what setup do you use for them? I'm gonna start asking everyone that from now on because it seems that everyone has different media players, dac/amps, etc, which can alter the sound. At least, that's what I've picked up from reading on this forum a lot.

I just use my desktop (Mac Mini) without any amps or anything.

May 7, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the recommendation.

Anyone else?

Looking for some more to compare...

I've recently acquired the Vsonic GR07 that I'm comparing to the VSD3s... So far, I think I lean a little toward the GR07, mainly because the bass isn't as exaggerated. I'm still trying to get comfortable enough with both to hear the other differences.

All I know is that something is still lacking in both, for my taste.

May 7, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #6 of 6
If you are looking for an amp to use with your macbook then you should definitely try the Ifi nano. Very good and a bargain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back