IEMs for $300 or less, best value for price?
Jan 31, 2016 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

shisnitty

New Head-Fier
Hey all I was looking for new IEMs (my old ones were the discontinued klipsch x10s) for under $300. However all the IEMs from $150-300 seem to pretty good so I can't really pick one and I don't have a particular preference for music

Looking for

Price: Under $300
Sound: No preference, but it has to be clear, good bass, soundstage (relatively for an IEM),
Usage: Laptop, Iphone, portable DAC/AMP (but I only use it for my headphones)
Misc. Has to be a good fit and good with noise isolation (loved my old x10s for that), and durable (x10s were way too flimsy)

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 8
Misc. Has to be a good fit and good with noise isolation (loved my old x10s for that), and durable (x10s were way too flimsy)

I'd recommend the Custom Art Music One. These are Custom IEMs and I've loved them ever since I got them. They isolate much better than almost anything out there and being customs they of course should fit perfectly. Only downside is that it takes quite a while for them to get done.

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 8
Hmm damn I don't have the time to get my ear molds done and wait for it to be shipped before I leave. If that's the case any other recommendations? A good all rounder would be good to me

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 8
If you can find it for $300 anywhere, the ATH-IM03 remains a favorite of mine.

The Klipsch X11 is a $350 IEM going for $200 right now, since the X12 replaced it. That's hard to pass on.

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #7 of 8
It's a triple hybrid, so I'm assuming it'll provide the best of both worlds. Are there any particular drawbacks to this configuration? The Dunu thread says it has a possible problem with sibilance.

Should I be searching for a triple hybrid iem? What IEMs in the $250 give a really good bang for their buck? Really wish there was an audio store around where I could try a whole ton of IEMs...

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #8 of 8
If you really can't stand treble...if not no sibilance at all. It all depends on what ring+tips you use, but generally I find it to be vshaped only because mids are a bit recessed. It has decent bass response, soundstage, and I find it "clear" enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back