IEMs for ~$170 for acoustical recordings. Help needed! (Vsonic GR07? UE Triplefi 10?)
Oct 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #16 of 19
Hey I just wanted to offer the other side of the coin since you're being so definitive about it.

Ertai - I will again suggest the EX600, since the soundstage has a lot of forward projection to it. Things are pushed out in front of you more than with most IEMs' more in-the-head feel.

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #17 of 19
I hope the TS don't mind me lending on this thread, but i think the topic is still related to acoustics very much : )

I understand how we can feel strongly about something and can appreciate where H20 is coming from :)

Selenium, interesting that this is mentioned because I just read that somewhere GR07 hasn't got the 3D depth? That is quite important to me since I like that distanced projection or imaging depth thing. I perceive it to be more 'relaxed' and 'laidback' that way.

Would you say that both EX600 and GR07 are as 'laidback'?

I'll try to get a bit more detailed if this may help.

I will listen to many other music as well but this acoustic strings is going to be a very special request for me. And I want an IEM that do very well on it. Doesnt matter how it performs for music : )

I think what I want from it is the natural sound coming from the strings and vibration of the tonewood. That includes percussive work on the guitar body by modern fingerstyle players (that includes knocks, slapping, tapping, thuds, even scratching, etc).

If you are familiar with Andy Mckee, Van Larkins, Thomas Leeb, Erik Mongrain, Maneli Jamal and the likes you will know what I am talking about.

I would also think that treble extension is important for me (maybe 'sparkle' too) because I want to capture the beautiful and magical harmonics and the little intricate finger picking by these very technically advanced players.

Some well recorded tracks can capture the acoustic atmosphere very well, and the reverb that goes with it can fill the hall or surrounding it such an amazing way. I would love an IEM to capture that, granted the recording has it too.

At the same time, there are some artist that tunes their guitar really low (on the bass strings), and while I havent any any issue with my current IEMs, it'd be good if my next one can capture the lows well. The bass shouldnt be boosted or heavy, but in my attempt maybe the word 'natural' is best to describe it

Not sure if this would be related, but I also have a long term intention to pair it with DX100 (I consider getting it in the future) because I once had a demo and I really love the 'atmosphere' it can create. It also sounded more relaxed and smooth than Hifiman's DAPs without losing clarity

The best tip I think I have gotten so far is Starkey's SA-43 (for CIEM) but I really think it's out of my budget if I'd include DX100 as well. After thinking about it yesterday, I'm dropping the idea of considering CIEM and get a universal IEM instead because I would like to share my music as well

Thank you for your time reading this. I know its hard to recommend someone something especially it I myself find it hard to describe what exactly I want. But i am trying my best!

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #19 of 19
hey guys, i forgot to mentioned that I got the EX600 at least more than a week ago, and thanks for your advises and recommendations

i enjoy the wide soundstage, it sounds great in acoustic songs, its also interesting because I never had any IEM with such a wide imaging from left to right and outside of my head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back